Captain Marvin's

miltrans

Just a quick note to all prospective cruisers to Grand Caymen... My wife and I booked the stingray tour online with Captain Marvin. We got personalized attention and watching the mate Paul in the water playing with his stingray pal was a trip! While we were there with 12 or so people, a cruise-originated excursion pulled up with 50 or so people..... Ours was so much better!! I really recommend booking with Captain Marvin in Grand Caymen.

Thanks for this info. We are going on the Miracle in August and I am looking for alternative stingray tours. I am assuming you had no problem getting back to the ship on time. Did you have time to do anything else like shop or go to a beach after the tour? Do you have the website for this group? Thanks a lot, glad you had such a good time. Susan

DH and DS went less than a month ago and had nothing but good things to say (DD and I were also booked for excursion, but illness prevented :( ). Easy to book online, we weren't charged for the 2 in our party unable to go, plenty of time to shop afterward with our cruise schedule that day (time difference there helps).

We have done the stingray tour with Captain Marvins twice in the last three years. Both times were excellent. They are very use to working with cruise passangers and know you have to be back to the ship on time. As is stated, you get a small amount of people and good, personal attention. On our last time in Grand Caymans, the sea was very rough. The cruise ship cancelled all the stingray excursions. However, when we got to the Captain Marvins shop, they told us it was very rough and we would not be able to do all the stops (the tour takes you to two different snorking sites in addition to swimming with the stingrays) but we could get in with the stingrays. They gave us the option to cancel or to go out -- we went and still had a great time. Furthermore, we were the only ones out on the sandbar since all the other excursions were cancelled!

http://www.captainmarvins.com/

Archived