Carnival | Triumph | 7-29-2013 | G&L

BJWill

I have actually had pretty good luck on Carnival with the FOD meetings. Nothing really overwhelming but at least 2-6 other people to show up. I think what happens is that if people do not attend and hang out at the first one, then others will do a drive by and see no one there and not attempt to return for the remainder of the cruise. We usually hang out since we are a good sized group anyway and will have fun even if no one else shows up. Also I typically keep an eye on the door and if I see a single or a couple walk up, try to encourage them in before they chicken out.

Then we will see you at the FOD! I am rather easy to spot...5'8", 200, shaved head, graying goatee, glasses.:cool:

Sounds like a plan! Like I said, we have 7 in our party (4 men, 3 women) but not sure how many will awake, sober, not gambling and available to join but I will definitely be there as long as it is not during late dinner. I'm a little less distinct...6'1" 228 salt-n-pepper with scruff.

Sounds like a plan! Like I said, we have 7 in our party (4 men, 3 women) but not sure how many will awake, sober, not gambling and available to join but I will definitely be there as long as it is not during late dinner. I'm a little less distinct...6'1" 228 salt-n-pepper with scruff.

We have late dinner as well, so if it should be scheduled during that time, we will not be there. Wherever they post it however, we can make a point of being around in the vicinity to catch any stragglers....after dinner perhaps? A night cap is always a good plan!

I should go ahead and apologize in advance for anything that I may say after the dinner hour as I am sure to have consumed many drinks by that time of day... and of course wine at dinner!

Oh... you are one of those liquid courage types?! You'll fit right in with our group. Actually most in our group just instigate so that I get enough liquid courage to embarass myself so it will be nice to have someone else to share in my glory!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry we missed you George! I dont know how I ever expected to stay on any kind of scheduled with 7 rowdy, crazy friends in tow. We only made formal dinner 3 nights the entire cruise and that was the best schedule we kept if that gives you any indication.

We are already booked for our next trip though. Its a bit far off but we couldnt manage anything sooner.

Carnival Magic, 5/25/14!!

Archived