What's the best beach on Grand Cayman?

joyinam

In September, we will take RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas for our 25th anniversary cruise! We were on this great ship in April, 2003....but different itinerary. This will be our first time to Grand Cayman - what is YOUR favorite beach? Did you travel there on your own, or did you do shore excursion through the ship? I thank you, in advance, for your advice!:)

This would be a good question to ask in the "Ports of Call" Section... for Caymon Islands. I think the Caymons are known for their scuba diving and snorkling... this is a rock and coral island. There are some good beaches... but it is not a beach meca.

Found Ports of Call, and you're right! Great info there. Because we've done a little snorkeling in the past....but are really looking for a lay and relax kind of day enjoying the view of the water....we'll choose from one of the many beaches. Actually, pretty led to the Hyatt day pass idea found on this site!

P.S. We're not chair hogs, ;)unless you call SITTING on our deck chair for hours on end being a hog - cuz we do that for sure! :D I guess if our bodies, books, towels, and bucket of beer are right there with us, we're legit!

P.P.S. Love the picture at the bottom of your post!

P.S. We're not chair hogs, ;)unless you call SITTING on our deck chair for hours on end being a hog - cuz we do that for sure! :D

Hanging out on chairs all day is great !!!! The problem is the people that let their towel and book hang out all day while they are taking a nap in their room :(

:D Tee hee.....I knew what you meant about the chairs.

Listen, we have a hard enough time affording our own cruises....can't afford to send a book and towel on one alone! If THEY are going to enjoy sitting by the pool, they are going to have to be with ME! Sounds like a good idea for all - hey is that a MONEY SAVING TIP? ;)

Archived