Hotel Regencia Colon

Looking for input from those of you who stayed at the Hotel Regencia Colon. What did u think? How close to the HOHO bus? How close to the Aero bus stop from the airport? Carol I know u have mentioned this is a good one for a one night prestay on a cruise......how did u get from the hotel to either the port or is it walking distance to the Columbus monument shuttle? Any thoughts or comments about this hotel are welcome. Thanks. Lydia of Ohio.

Looking for input from those of you who stayed at the Hotel Regencia Colon. What did u think? How close to the HOHO bus? How close to the Aero bus stop from the airport? Carol I know u have mentioned this is a good one for a one night prestay on a cruise......how did u get from the hotel to either the port or is it walking distance to the Columbus monument shuttle? Any thoughts or comments about this hotel are welcome. Thanks. Lydia of Ohio.

I have stayed many times at the Regencia Colón. It is the sister hotel, and just behind, the Hotel Colón. It is a 3 star hotel and, I always think, good value for money. There is no bar or restaurant (apart from breakfast) but there are several places nearby to eat.

The nearest HoHo bus stop is just a couple of minutes away in Via Laietana. The Aerobus at Plaça Catalunya is about 8-10 minutes walk

Columbus Monument and the port bus is about 15 minutes walk or you could get a taxi to the ship for about €15-20.

I will agree with Carol on this. I have stayed at the Regencia Colon after 2 different cruises. The hotel is clean, conveniently located, and I had no issues with it at all. It is not an overly fancy hotel and the rooms are not American-sized, but you are in Europe. It is a very typical European hotel. I will likely stay here again the next time I am in Barcelona.

We stayed there for four nights post-cruise. It was a very easy walk to Las Ramblas and Placa Catalyuna (sp?). We really liked it but are trying the Continental on our next trip in November.

Archived