Captain Marvin--Pictures?

April-in-NC

Will the crew with Captain Marvin's take pictures for you? I would like to avoid paying for the CD if possible since it is "easier" to do the posed shots on this excursion than some of the others we have planned on the other islands.

We have a (brand new, woohoo!) waterproof camera so Plan B is to ask other tour group members to take a picture or two. I know most people are more than happy to do this. I know I will happily return the favor...

They take pictures to sell and are very good but our guide also had absolutely no problems taking pics with ours as well. This was back in April 2011 though and each guide might be different.

I don't think you will have a problem though.

Thanks! I will consider buying the pictures (I've budgeted for the packages on our tours in Jamaica and Cozumel) but those prices are $20-30 and I've seen that Captain Marvin's is around $70. I just can't justify that price when I have my own waterproof camera.

• 2 weeks later...

On our Captain Marvin's tour, we used our own camera but we also bought the CD from the tour photographer, and I am glad we did. He had video as well as stills and his were much better than some of the ones I took. If you don't care about the quality of your picture, then you should be fine. My advice is to take with both cameras and see if someone will take a picture of your family, but do at least look at the pictures they have and be sure they didn't capture anything that you can't live without.

On our Captain Marvin's tour, we used our own camera but we also bought the CD from the tour photographer, and I am glad we did. He had video as well as stills and his were much better than some of the ones I took. If you don't care about the quality of your picture, then you should be fine. My advice is to take with both cameras and see if someone will take a picture of your family, but do at least look at the pictures they have and be sure they didn't capture anything that you can't live without.

Will they sell individual pictures? What was the total package price?

Archived