king bed question

rkmom

Do the stewards automatically put the beds together to make a king? (We are on the Miracle in a 7a.) Are the sheets and blankets king size, or just twins put together? I'm just trying to figure out if there will be a big crack in the middle, or if we can snuggle together without any problem. Is there any kind of pad or anything that can be put on it to make it less "separate"?

Thanks for any information! Kim

Hi Kim,

They will not make the beds up automatically. If you put them together, they will simply put them together after making them individually.

But if you ask them to make the beds as a king as soon as you board, they will do it with king size bedding. It is so much nicer. You will probably still find the crack noticable, but not uncomfortable. We do that everytime and have no problem.

Janet

When I have traveled with my DH the bed was always made as a king when we boarded. However when I traveled with my DD they left the beds as twins which is what we wanted. I have always found the beds comfortable and have NEVER had a problem with snuggling :eek: :D

Yes, they have always had the bed already made up into a kingsize bed for us before we got to our cabin. We have never had to request it. It was just done. Last year on the Glory, I never noticed the crack in the middle. This year on the Triumph, the crack in the middle of the bed was very noticeable but it was not uncomfortable by any means. If you find that it is uncomfortable to you, I have heard that there is something the steward can put in the middle for you (under the bedding) if you will ask them to do so.

Hi. I realize this is kind of off topic, but do the two beds really make a king or a queen? I have a king-sized bed and it's much longer and wider than the two beds put together on Carnival's ships. Even accounting for the difference between eastern and western king beds, I believe the two beds are really a queen-sized bed when put together.

Phew, I feel much better. I've had that pent up for a while as I read the Carnival brochures and saw how they stated the beds combined to make a king. :-)

Hi. I realize this is kind of off topic, but do the two beds really make a king or a queen? I have a king-sized bed and it's much longer and wider than the two beds put together on Carnival's ships. Even accounting for the difference between eastern and western king beds, I believe the two beds are really a queen-sized bed when put together.

Phew, I feel much better. I've had that pent up for a while as I read the Carnival brochures and saw how they stated the beds combined to make a king. :-)

I really don't know. We have a king bed too and the ship's beds didn't seem as large, as you say. I don't have a queen size bed so I can't really say about that. Is it possible that they are somewhere inbetween a king and a queen size?

I can't recall what Carnival lists two twins pushed together as, I'm assuming a king? Anyway, when looking at the Royal Caribbean brochure, it said two twin beds pushed together to make a queen-which kind of confused me because two twins together is a king. I am assuming that it is in between a king and queen size bed.

Archived