NCL Spirit Med Cruise Q&A

So if u get a drink on the UBP and you are in barcelona, would u end up paying more because of the Vat?

Also, are there lots of taxis at port in toulon? Did anyone go to cassis via taxi or just train? When it says we dock in Toulon at 9, what time were u off the ship as there is a train at 924?

we had the UBP and was charged the Spanish 10%Vat part up until 11 30 pm.

ie a $9.50 drink would have $1.71 grats added and then 10% 0.95 added on top.

0.95c only showed up on our bill

Cannot see you managing the 9.24 unless you are the first off and a taxi will take you to the station. back on board by 4.30.

look up meet and mingle on your cruise and you might find others to do the trip with.

hope it helps j

• 8 months later...
Hello! I just got back home from the first Med sailing of the season on the NCL Spirit. If anyone has any questions about this itinerary, I'll be happy to try to answer.

I will be doing a full trip report and scanning all the daily schedules but I'm not sure when I'll get to it.

1st time cruise with NCL. Doing Med cruise. Can anyone tell me the difference between food offering at Windows vs Garden? Is one nicer to eat in than the other. Does one offer seafood or steak more than other. Can you view there menus before cruise departs or before to decide which one you want to go to that day?. Can you do one venue one evening and the other the next evening? Do you have to make reservations for each venue each day and reserve your preferred time of dining. If you are doing early morning excursions, any tips on where to get breakfast quickly? I do not drink soda or alcohol, will I have to pay for lemonade, fruit juice, mineral water? Lots of questions, hope someone can direct me.

1st time cruise with NCL. Doing Med cruise. Can anyone tell me the difference between food offering at Windows vs Garden? Is one nicer to eat in than the other. Does one offer seafood or steak more than other. Can you view there menus before cruise departs or before to decide which one you want to go to that day?. Can you do one venue one evening and the other the next evening? Do you have to make reservations for each venue each day and reserve your preferred time of dining. If you are doing early morning excursions, any tips on where to get breakfast quickly? I do not drink soda or alcohol, will I have to pay for lemonade, fruit juice, mineral water? Lots of questions, hope someone can direct me.

I found the food very similar and there were menus posted each day when I sailed ( July 2015). We switched it up each day.

You can easily get breakfast each morning quickly at the buffet. I found it very good. Get on your roll call to book excursions early. Our group for this July have found since the med seems to be getting busier, some if the more popular tour sharing companies like italytoursharing.com are full.

No need to pay for lemonade but other drinks are charged.

It was fabulous, you will love it!!