Liberty-eastern exotic review

First let me start off by saying, I didn't ask for anything special, never won a ship on a stick, didn't expect strawberries in my room, not upset that I don't get a free wash and dry, did not sneak booze on the ship, or any of the hundreds of other things people expect nowadays, and guess what, I had a blast. Went on the cruise with my husband, and another couple and their 17 y.o. daughter. This was our 8th cruise and our friends second.

We went during school vacation week and were surprised that there were not more children on board, but those who did sail were well behaved for the most part. It was a nice mix of people as usual.

Embarkation went very smoothly and the muster was a pain but necessary.

The food was good; better than anything I make at home. The Guy's Burgers was fabulous. We visited them many times! Did not eat much on the Lido Deck Buffet, but did go to the dining room each day for breakfast - fab, and each evening for dinner. Some people still do not understand the dress code, but in reality they really only embarrass themselves.

Many a night we went for pizza and we did not chose to do the Cheers Program. I am a very light drinker and when you are off the ship in St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk, you lose basically 3 days of "drinking time." We did buy a soda card and used it a lot but bought alcoholic drinks as we wanted. It worked out well. Drinks average about $7.50 but once and a while there is a drink of the day around $15.00.

We went to the adult comedy shows and laughed so hard. Of all the comics, only one was so so; the rest were funny but as they say, not for people who are easily offended.

Sea days this time did not find people trying to hoard chairs. There was some saving of chairs, but nothing that caused a problem.

We took a tour in St. Thomas with Sunny Liston. It was fine, but there is not much to see in St. Thomas. The downtown is full of jewelry stores. I am not sure who buys all that stuff. We decided not to stop at the beach as we had already had a lot of sun so the tour director just continued driving us around the island. If you do the beach stop, I recommend NOT stopping at Sapphire Beach. It is small, not clean and quite crowded. Insist on going to Megan's Beach.

In San Juan we used Happy Tours. They are all waiting for you when you dock, and you can just hop on an air conditioned tour bus and pay then. It was $20 a person and well worth it. Our driver brought us all over; even stopped at a cigar shop where the owner gave out free rum and cigars - yes it's true! The tour lasted about 2 hours and when we were finished we stop at a place that advertised buy one drink, get one free. We had margarita's and they were refreshing and strong.

Grand Turk stop we spent the day at Margaritaville. We love it there and got chairs and an umbrella in the shade, right by the pool. We ordered some snacks during the day; onion rings and buffalo wings and they were reasonably priced and delicious.

We bought some liquor to bring home. You can bring one bottle each back, and for every other bottle you buy, you pay about $.50 each when you declare it. I had no problem putting two bottles in my suitcase.

That is about it; if you have questions, just let me know.

Archived