Navigator year round Galveston...longer itineraries please!!

Just my humble opinion...we went on a 9 day cruise on Mariner when it sailed the for first time out of Galveston. Let me say that it was definitely an older, more sedate crowd. I know they weren't staying up late partying and spending money on liquor until the wee hours of the morning. It was definitely different than any other cruise we have sailed on. There were just a smattering of kids onboard. I would just imagine their liquor sales that week did not meet their expected quota. Nor did shore excursions. So maybe all those issues factor in to a longer cruise?

I'm just so happy to have them back year round that I don't care if they do longer sailings. :D

I would love to see the Navigator stay on the 7 day runs and see RCCL bring the RHAPSODY back where she truly belongs to do alternating 10 and 11 day sailings to the Panama Canal and eastern Caribbean.:D:D Rhapsody is still our favorite ship and as was noted earlier in this thread, we used to have 2 RCCL ships sailing from Galveston. And I am not complaining (just getting greedy :p )

Just my humble opinion...we went on a 9 day cruise on Mariner when it sailed the for first time out of Galveston. Let me say that it was definitely an older, more sedate crowd. I know they weren't staying up late partying and spending money on liquor until the wee hours of the morning. It was definitely different than any other cruise we have sailed on. There were just a smattering of kids onboard. I would just imagine their liquor sales that week did not meet their expected quota. Nor did shore excursions. So maybe all those issues factor in to a longer cruise?

I'm just so happy to have them back year round that I don't care if they do longer sailings. :D

If you thought 9 days was sedate, you surely wouldn't like 14 day cruises! :D

We got to do one cruise on the Rhapsody, and it was really good...

I would love to see the Navigator stay on the 7 day runs and see RCCL bring the RHAPSODY back where she truly belongs to do alternating 10 and 11 day sailings to the Panama Canal and eastern Caribbean.:D:D Rhapsody is still our favorite ship and as was noted earlier in this thread, we used to have 2 RCCL ships sailing from Galveston. And I am not complaining (just getting greedy :p )

Would be great if once every six weeks or so they ran a 10/11 night set of cruises. Maybe even a couple 5 night and a 4 night every several weeks where they had a real mix of cruise options. Might actually make more money that way than constant seven night sailings alternating between a couple of routes.

Back in December 2005, we did a 5 night on the Rhapsody right after that hurricane blew Costa Maya off the map. We were supposed to go to Costa Maya and Cozumel, but they took us to Progresso and Cozumel instead. I think it would be great if they would throw in a 4 or 5 night cruise every now and then for many who are not able to take a week off of work. I also agree longer cruises occasionally would be a nice change.

But I am not complaining at all! So glad to have a year round ship again from RCCL!:D

Well my wish got true for a longer cruise - first time for us. 9-day out of New Orleans from December 12 through the 21st of this year. I already have my cabin booked since the itinerary first came out.

Now if they can offer the same nine days in Galveston I will be even happier.

Hey, my Dad & I are doing this cruise as well. Cant' wait

Archived