You Know That You Are Addicted to Cruising - Carnival Edition

zumbaguy

You plan a short weekend trip from a port that you know you will watch a cruise ship take off from - making a plan to be on that ship and sail from that port!!!!

The nice (or bad) thing about living in a cruise port city. :D

My name is KrabbyKelly and I am a cruise addict. I will be on a cruise in less than 2 weeks. I came to realize I had a problem when 2 nights ago a tornado was headed directly to my town, and was 5 minutes away. After sending my kids and pets to the basement, I spent the remaining minutes collecting our passports, cruise documents, birth certificates, and preprinted luggage tags. It was only then that I went to the basement, where I proceeded to read the travel insurance policy to keep myself occupied during the storm, making sure that if the storm leveled our house or something, we would be able to reschedule the cruise. Luckily, the tornado blew just north of us, and other than some trees and some minor structure damage, our community was safe. And so was my cruise.:D

Glad you Are safe...

Planning the fun things to do on a cruise is part of the addiction for me!!!

Once all the details are in place I get a letdown feeling and have to start planning for the next!!!!

You know your addicted to cruising and Nebraska football when you plan your fall cruise around their bye week.

You know you are addicted to cruising when you have a Christmas ornament from EVERY ship you sailed on your Christmas tree. Also, you continue to grab your sail & sign card whenever you leave the house the first day back home from your cruise :).

You know you are addicted when someone mentions they are going on a cruise and you know their port of departure and ports based on the ship name they tell you.... And you also proceed to tell them what 2.0 upgrades their ship has or if the ship has Fish & chips, pasta, Wok, Burrito bar etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---When you start multiple conversations every day with "I read on Cruise Critic that...."

---When you quote Aquahound during discussions of any "disaster" at sea.

---When your daughter tells you that she's pregnant and your next grandchild is due in January and your first thought is "There goes that Panama Canal cruise I was getting ready to book for February... (Yes, really :o)

What a fun refreshing thread. Mine are....

...when you cruise so often you become too lazy to update the signature (took 5 cruises in last 6 months)

...when your goal in life is take 100 cruises

When I was young I met this wonderful woman...Etoille...she was probably 90. I asked he about the medallion she was wearing...100 cruises. Told her that would be me one day. She ended up inviting me to stay in her Ft. Lauderdale house. Lovely widow who cruised constantly...solo.

Working on it Etoille darling. I'm 42 and I may be 90 by the time I succeed. :)

• 1 month later...

I went on my first cruise in march on the carnival conquest out of New Orleans. My 3 friends and I had a blast visiting key west, Freeport and Nassau. I know I'm addicted bc my personal carnival vacation planner( or whatever he is called) ,mstthew,called me saying he had noticed I was on the carnival website a lot and wondered if I had any questions he could answer for me :-/ lol well fast forward 2 weeks and I still am always on the site looking up new cruises...got another call from Matthew lol yeah I think I am a little bit addicted!

• 4 weeks later...

I was in Chili's the other day an decided to pass on having the chocolate molten cake and just wait until my cruise 2 months from now when I can enjoy warm chocolate melting cake every night. Yep...addicted.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app