Breakaway balcony ?????

Wfbjr52

I was thinking of switching from a mini suite to one of the angled balcony cabins that face aft. 12238 It looks like everyone can see directly into the balcony, and you can see into all the other balconies toward the aft. Is this the case?

Well, as with any extended balcony or one on a bump-out this will occur to a varying degree. I know we treasure our balcony privacy and interior sqft, so given this example we wouldn't switch. Only you can determine if it's worth it. With all the onboard activities you may find yourself not spending much time on your balcony. This is generally our case unless we have sailed that particular vessel previously.

There were some good photos somewhere of these balconies looking fore and aft. It would seem logical though that these balconies have the same private space as others, plus the additional triangle real estate. But it sure does appear they are less private.

Reports indicated most of the additional interior sqft of a mini is in the bathroom, and has a huge shower w/ fancy showerhead/body jets, assuming you don't have a Family Mini with a tub. The regular balcony rooms have a smaller bath/shower and lack the fancy showerhead.

So as stated we wouldn't go from mini to regular bump balcony, but would move to bump balcony from regular balcony.

HTH , Good luck

Yes - I have this video but it does not work - when I hit arrow it jumps to diagram of floor plan - thanks

In the bottom left of the screen there should be arrows to go back to image/video. Once you use the arrows, images will stay on screen and won't automatically forward, giving you the opportunity to view/load video.

HTH

ETA; Or you could use this link;

It worked! Thanks so much - looks wide enough, but could be a little deeper. Cabin looks great. Don't sail till Oct. 27 - guess will bring a halloween mask along - I assume there will be carved pumpkins like they usually carve watermelons, etc.

....- looks wide enough, but could be a little deeper......

Most others aboard will share these thoughts about ALL the balconies. :D

Glad you got the video to work.

No couch though, unlike floor plan. Welcome to ncl's IT. :D

Enjoy

Most others aboard will share these thoughts about ALL the balconies. :D

Glad you got the video to work.

No couch though, unlike floor plan. Welcome to ncl's IT. :D

Enjoy

The M1's show a couch in the photo and the description says there is a couch. However, the video on youtube shows a chair and not a couch. I called NCL yesterday and they tell me it sleeps 2 to 3 and has a couch!

::shrugs::

I feel bad for those that book it for 3 thinking that there is a couch for the 3rd person because that is what NCL reps are telling them.

The M1's show a couch in the photo and the description says there is a couch. However, the video on youtube shows a chair and not a couch. I called NCL yesterday and they tell me it sleeps 2 to 3 and has a couch!

::shrugs::

I feel bad for those that book it for 3 thinking that there is a couch for the 3rd person because that is what NCL reps are telling them.

I'm not sure how to respond. Ncl is clueless about their vessels. You can't go by, or count on the artist conception of the floor plan that was devised 2 years ago. We all here know ncl sucks at current cabin floor plan presentation. Most veterans here know to definitely not count on conceptual plans on a new build. We all have delusions ncl will fix said anomalies. But they never have for the Epic, so why would they for the BA. Ncl's IT upsets me.

We have a video, and two personal reports from aboard that state no couch. We also have a couple folks pounding the ncl phone line for info on HC cabins. Some hear M1 sleeps 3, most hear sleeps 2. The room has no couch, just like the S9's. Which I agree is shocking, given their size. I didn't believe it either until I heard it four times. :o

I will go out on a limb here, and state it, the M1's sleep 2. No sleeper couch. One big bed.

What's so ironic about the whole ncl cabin floor plan thing is, some are perfectly correct, detailed, and impressive, yet others are totally wrong and misleading.

Gotta love ncl. Perhaps that's why we love them. It's a game/puzzle to figure their ships and cabins. :D I'm confident that's what enticed me. :(

Good Luck to all.

I'm not sure how to respond. Ncl is clueless about their vessels. You can't go by, or count on the artist conception of the floor plan that was devised 2 years ago. We all here know ncl sucks at current cabin floor plan presentation. Most veterans here know to definitely not count on conceptual plans on a new build. We all have delusions ncl will fix said anomalies. But they never have for the Epic, so why would they for the BA. Ncl's IT upsets me.

We have a video, and two personal reports from aboard that state no couch. We also have a couple folks pounding the ncl phone line for info on HC cabins. Some hear M1 sleeps 3, most hear sleeps 2. The room has no couch, just like the S9's. Which I agree is shocking, given their size. I didn't believe it either until I heard it four times. :o

I will go out on a limb here, and state it, the M1's sleep 2. No sleeper couch. One big bed.

What's so ironic about the whole ncl cabin floor plan thing is, some are perfectly correct, detailed, and impressive, yet others are totally wrong and misleading.

Gotta love ncl. Perhaps that's why we love them. It's a game/puzzle to figure their ships and cabins. :D I'm confident that's what enticed me. :(

Good Luck to all.

Well I do know that the bed does separate! LOL However, I agree....no couch, only a chair. However, lots of people do book online via their website and If they book 3 people expecting one to sleep on the couch.....I'm wondering what NCL will do when they get there and have no place in their room for the third person to sleep!

Still.......I love NCL! LOL

So sorry to see the SMALL balconies. We booked a mini-suite hoping that it would be larger. A lot about the ship looks great! Excited to be cruising on it.

I've figured out the reason for these ridiculously small balconies. If we're all sitting out on our luxurious balconies too much, we are not down on the waterfront or upper decks buying expensive cupcakes and drinks! See -- NCL is very clever.:D:D:D

Archived