Kudos to Nativeways-Stingray City Tour!!!!

yvonne1

If anyone is considering booking a Stingray City excursion on their own rather than thru the line, I would highly recommend Nativeways.

My group was in Grand Cayman on May 5th. SInce we had 13 in our party, we booked a private Naitiveway charter to do Stingray City and Snorkeling at the reefs. They were right on time to meet us at the pier. The two guides on the boat, Sheldon and Michael, were wonderful. Since we booked a charter, we had them all to ourselves. They made sure that everyone got to hold a stingray and gave a few a ray back-rub. And they gave us a lesson on the difference in the males and females and how to tell which was which. After Stingray City they took us to two reefs for snorkeling. At the first reef they were able to coax out a beautiful Moray Eel. I had a moment of concern when I thought the eel was about to mistake my fins for eel food!! icon_eek.gif And they found the sea turtle that frequents the reef and kept him around lonfg enough for us to pet him. It was a great excursion thanks to Nativeways!!!!

Thanks for the post..we're doing Nativeways on July 1st and I love to hear feedback on them. I'm glad to hear they were easy to find...that has really been my only worry. Glad you had fun!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Paradise 6/27

• 2 weeks later...

We used Nativeway on May 12. They were right at the tender pier waiting for us. Only 4 of us on the boat. Did stingrays and another snorkeling stop. Was best snorkeling ever. I highly recommend them.

• 3 weeks later...

Yvonne,

We did Nativeway last Oct with DH and myself and others we did not know. There was only 16 of us on the ship....it was great. We are going back in November with our kids and best friends, we are thinking of doing a private charter. Was it worth it. Out of ten of us, 6 are kids aged 11 to 16. We thought it would be great to give them one on one time with the guides. Was it expensive, did they charge the price off their website.

Thanks for any help.

Kathy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we Celebrate Turkey Day on the Star!!!!

Voyager of the Seas 10/3/03

Ecstasy 9/01, 9/02

Holiday 9/98, 9/99, 9/00

can anyone who has used Nativeways tell me if there is a bathroom facility on board?

icon_redface.gif

Thanks

A

'95 Carnival Sensation

4/28/97 RCCL Sovereign of the Seas

7/01 Celebrity Horizon

6/02 Norwegian Sea

6/22/03 Disney Wonder

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;20;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0600

... till 6/20/04 Rhapsody of the Seas

<MARQUEE>Cruising is the only way to go... who stands opposed?</MARQUEE>

What is thier policy if we are unable to tender in. We usually do cruise ship tours but we are looking into to trying something new this trip...I know a few years ago we couldnt tender into GC. Do they charge your credit card before you even get there or do wait until you actually do the tour?

9/11/04 ...days left til the Caribbean Princess!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;09;11;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Destiny, here we come 4/10/05!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2005;4;10;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

coolcrab.gif

3/04 Adventure of the Seas

9/03 Majesty of the Seas

3/03 Radiance of the Seas

3/00 Victory

I asked this very question (forgot to ask about the bathrooms!) and here is the answer I got from Sharon Banks:

" If your ship is unable to dock in Grand Cayman, we will automatically cancel your reservation, at no cost to you. If your ship is delayed, we will modify our schedule, to accomodate the passengers on the late arriving ship."

Sounds perfect to me! icon_biggrin.gif

A

'95 Carnival Sensation

4/28/97 RCCL Sovereign of the Seas

7/01 Celebrity Horizon

6/02 Norwegian Sea

6/22/03 Disney Wonder

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;20;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0600

... till 6/20/04 Rhapsody of the Seas

<MARQUEE>Cruising is the only way to go... who stands opposed?</MARQUEE>

Well I just booked a private charter for the day we are there.

They don't charge you unless you actually take the tour. We had people not show up and they didn't charge them. I love the small personal feeling of Nativeway. We really go personal attention, which is why we are doing the private charter with our kids this time, to really give them even more personal time. I am really excited now.

Go with them, it's worth it!

Kathy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we Celebrate Turkey Day on the Star!!!!

Voyager of the Seas 10/3/03

Ecstasy 9/01, 9/02

Holiday 9/98, 9/99, 9/00

Well, a little potty is better than no potty icon_smile.gif

One thing that I really liked about Nativeway is that you don't need to put any type of downpayment down...didn't need to give credit card info or anything. So, if we miss the port, we're not out any money. I now that many of the other outfits won't charge you either if you miss the port.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;27;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Paradise 6/27

We just booked Native Ways 'reef,ray and rum point excursion. I emailed them and they got back to me right away. I did have to give a credit card number to hold the booking, Sharon called today and we set up the date. I am really looking forward to this. icon_smile.gif

9/11/04 ...days left til the Caribbean Princess!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;09;11;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Destiny, here we come 4/10/05!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2005;4;10;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

coolcrab.gif

3/04 Adventure of the Seas

9/03 Majesty of the Seas

3/03 Radiance of the Seas

3/00 Victory

We just returned yesterday from our cruise on the Caribbean Princess.

NativeWay tour was awesome! Stingray city was so wonderful, one of the top highlights from our vacation. We were able to hold the stingrays, get back rubs, kiss, etc. The staff was great and well worth the $30 pp charge. We also stopped at Coral Reef Gardens, which was nice as well. There were alot of boats in that area which made the water a bit hard to swim in, but still beautiful and alot of neat fish.

You will have no problem with Nativeways, they were great.

We went with Nativeway last year, and some friends went with them last week. We saw Darth Vader also.

Sheldon was standing on the pier holding a Nativeway sign.

I would definitely go with Nativeway again. We had about 12 people on our boat, and the ship excursions were packed.

Nativeway was wonderful also - they were at th pier at the time stated and there were a total of 4 of us on the boat - bathroom is provided on the boat, but it is small, but a bathroom is better than NO bathroom! - just remember on a boat you are moving and that is a trip bouncing around!

Interesting aside - we tipped them and they gave the money back as though we had overpaid them - we insisted icon_smile.gif

Another thing - I had a ring that lost a stone on the boat - I didn't realize it until I was in the water and figured I had lost it in the water - they found it on the boat and returned it to me - wow - they were such nice folks!

I would not think twice about going with them again - very nice and informative!

Cathy

Holiday 6/2003

Sensation 10/2003

Sensation May 2004

http://community.webshots.com/user/catnipper

• 3 weeks later...

Archived