Taking wine to mdr

ep30

I'm bringing wine with a twist top. Since I can open and close myself, there is no corkage fee just for drinking it their right( going on carnival sensation)

We simply pour the glass in our room and then take it to dinner. That seems to work pretty good. Just get two clean, empty glasses from one of the bars.

This is the best way to go. Its too hit or miss even if you open your own wine. So save the hassel and bring it in a glass.:D

We brought our own wine to the dining room every night on our Breeze cruise. The one night we didn't finish the bottle so our waitstaff took it to their wine cellar and it was waiting for us the next night. No extra fee! I doubt that would happen on every ship but it sure was appreciated!

Corkage has nothing to do with opening the bottle. Just bringing to the MDR you could be charged.

The best way o avoid corkage is develop a good rapport with the waiter the first night and bring you wine the second or third.

I'm bringing wine with a twist top. Since I can open and close myself, there is no corkage fee just for drinking it their right( going on carnival sensation)

The corkage fee is not what it seems. I would call it a bring your own to not buy from us fee ;)

What I would do is ask your cabin steward for glasses and bring a glass of wine with you to dinner.Its alittle tacky but you can bring cocktails with you anywhere on the ship(restaurants,clubs,bars) and no one will say a word to you

On the Pride last year we had opened our bottle of wine in the room and brought it with us to dinner. They gave us glasses and we were never charged a fee. We did this on two different nights! I think we are going to try it again this year, hopefully the same thing will happen.

I openly admit I'm a wine snob :D, so I have got to say, if you're going to open it anyway ... open it early, pour it into a wine glass and let it breathe.

Even better, bring an aerator and really bring out the flavor of your wine. I like my Vinturi.

OR, recork/cap/close it for the carry to the MDR. No sense in spilling good wine.

Last summer we took 2 bottles of wine to dinner one night, we had a big group, the waiter never said a word, we opened it, passed it around to the other table etc. and at the end of dinner he brought us a slip to sign for a $20.00 corkage fee.

We knew we could be charged and it was ok, but just wanted to let people know, sometimes they DO charge you.

If you don't want to pay, take it in a glass.

Like others have said, the corkage fee isn't just about the actual opening of the wine bottle.

Here is another way that you can bring your wine into the dining room without having to worry about being charged a fee and without having to carry FULL glasses with wine sloshing around :D...

We brought a couple of water bottles with us on board to fill with juice/iced tea/etc... In the evening, we would give it a rinse and fill it up with a bottle of wine. An entire bottle fit into the water bottle. We stopped at the bar on the way into the dining room to get a few empty wine glasses and walked right in with our full water bottle and filled our glasses at our leisure with our wine. Never got a look, a question, or a bill!! We did this several times at dinner (we had 4 adults so 4 bottles of wine brought on board). worked out really well!

We simply pour the glass in our room and then take it to dinner. That seems to work pretty good. Just get two clean, empty glasses from one of the bars.

This is what I do as well and never had a problem. Just ask you room steward for a couple of wine glasses and they will bring them to you.

Archived