Excursion Question ( Vila, Nadi, Port Denaru, Isle of Pines)

Ladypop

We're taking the Fijian Jewels Cruise with Princess in November 2013. Our Ports are Vila, Nadi, Port Denaru and Isle of Pines. I've kind of worked out a couple of tours that my sons are keen on. We want to go zip lining in Fiji, and do one of the buggy fun tours in Vila. Am I better to book these through a travel agent here, or will it be possible to just book on the day when we get off the ship?? Also, we were thinking about maybe snorkelling on the Isle of Pines. Is there somewhere we can hire snorkelling equipment?? Maybe a tour that includes equipment hire?? We're supposed to be in port from 8 am to 5 pm on shore days, so I'm thinking there'll be plenty of time to fit things in and not miss the ship. Everyone on these boards talks about it being cheaper not to book through the ship, so I'm hoping to do the same!!!

We're taking the Fijian Jewels Cruise with Princess in November 2013. Our Ports are Vila, Nadi, Port Denaru and Isle of Pines. I've kind of worked out a couple of tours that my sons are keen on. We want to go zip lining in Fiji, and do one of the buggy fun tours in Vila. Am I better to book these through a travel agent here, or will it be possible to just book on the day when we get off the ship?? Also, we were thinking about maybe snorkelling on the Isle of Pines. Is there somewhere we can hire snorkelling equipment?? Maybe a tour that includes equipment hire?? We're supposed to be in port from 8 am to 5 pm on shore days, so I'm thinking there'll be plenty of time to fit things in and not miss the ship. Everyone on these boards talks about it being cheaper not to book through the ship, so I'm hoping to do the same!!!

Contact the zip line company directly via their web site to enquire about tours from your Fijian Ports. You may find that the ship has booked all available places or has an 'exclusive' deal set up.

http://zip-fiji.com/index.php

In November last year I did see local stalls set up near the Sacred Rock on the Isle of Pines hiring out snorkel sets but they looked a little worn and kludgy to me. I take my own but that is easy since we are not travelling to the port by plane and I pack a set of smaller fins which are sufficient for the conditions on the islands. I did the Natural Aquarium tour as a ships tour and recommend it if your cruise line offers it. No included equipment , we were with P&O, and nowhere at the snorkelling spot to hire it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived