Carnival & St.Maarten

I'm glad our Dream cruise in July is still planning on going there - St. Maarten was the single biggest factor in our decision to book this ship and itinerary, as we haven't visited there before. Eastern cruises after that aren't going to St. Maarten... until ??? (don't know when).

:mad::mad: I give that 2 angry frowny faces if it is true. That is one of our favorite ports.

I like it way better than St. Thomas.

We're really looking forward to St. Maarten. Since we've been to St. Thomas before, we're heading over to St. John on our next cruise.

I hope that's not the case. We are planning to take a cruise next year and we will be bringing DH's best friend with us (he has never taken a cruise before). His one requirement is that our cruise make a stop in St. Maarten. If Carnival has limited options on this port, we may just have to sail RCI.

The Valor stops there weekly,the Dream every other week and sometimes the Freedom or Breeze stops at St.Maarten during their 8 night cruise to the Eastern Caribbean but not always.

I see that Dream is resuming stops at St. Maarten in November 2013; they won't be stopping there August through October 2013. I was concerned they might be permanently eliminating this port from Dream cruises, but it appears they will continue to call on St. Maarten.

We're really looking forward to St. Maarten. Since we've been to St. Thomas before, we're heading over to St. John on our next cruise.

I think it's in April when the Dream switches back to the 3 island rotations vs 4 (excluding St. Maarten) I think it is to pick up an Itinerary being dropped by repositioning another ship. But also starting in 2014 Dream goes into 5/7 rotations. Maybe to change it up from the other ships sailing out of PC?

I was disappointed that I booked St Maarten and now not going but looking forward to San Juan.

Archived