VIFP Gold

05TLD

We are taking a 6 day cruise on the Freedom in September. My wife and I currently have 20 days sailing. At 25 days sailing you become a Gold member. Will my wife and I received our gold cards during embark being that we will be over the 25 days before the cruise ends?

Okay, I'm a little confused here:confused:...We have 23 points and are currently Red...So you are saying that when we board our 8-Day cruise we will be bumped up to Gold upon embarkation?? If that's the case...Great!! :D

Okay, I'm a little confused here:confused:...We have 23 points and are currently Red...So you are saying that when we board our 8-Day cruise we will be bumped up to Gold upon embarkation?? If that's the case...Great!! :D

Yes. Since you'll be hitting day 25 during your cruise and technically turning Gold, Carnival will just make you Gold from embarkation for the entire cruise. Congrats!

Yes. Since you'll be hitting day 25 during your cruise and technically turning Gold, Carnival will just make you Gold from embarkation for the entire cruise. Congrats!

Thanks so much...Now this just made my day!!:D

Thanks so much...Now this just made my day!!:D

If you use the kiosk during the cruise to check your S&S account it will be shown as a "Temporary Level" but you will receive all the benefits (free brunch drink, past guest party, etc). You will OFFICIALLY become gold after the cruise posts on your VIFP account (generally 2-4 weeks following). This was the case when it happened with my wife and I in March! Have fun! :)

If you use the kiosk during the cruise to check your S&S account it will be shown as a "Temporary Level" but you will receive all the benefits (free brunch drink, past guest party, etc). You will OFFICIALLY become gold after the cruise posts on your VIFP account (generally 2-4 weeks following). This was the case when it happened with my wife and I in March! Have fun! :)

The temporary level will show on their Manage My Cruise account till after the cruise. HOWEVER, they should receive a GOLD card when they board the ship. If they do not, they should go to the Purser's Desk to get it corrected. Clawson24, didn't you receive the gold card when you boarded the ship?

The temporary level will show on their Manage My Cruise account till after the cruise. HOWEVER, they should receive a GOLD card when they board the ship. If they do not, they should go to the Purser's Desk to get it corrected. Clawson24, didn't you receive the gold card when you boarded the ship?

I suppose it wasn't as clear as I intended it to be. I received a gold card and all the associated benefits.

I suppose it wasn't as clear as I intended it to be. I received a gold card and all the associated benefits.

I know you mentioned receiving the benefits but was not sure if you received the correct card. Thanks for replying.

My husband and I have been on all Carnival cruises together. We were both due hit 25 days on the 2nd day of our April cruise. When we boarded the Pride in April I boarded as Gold while he was still Red. It made no sense to me but we really didn't care enough about it to ask.

SO WHAT DO THEY GIVE YOU OR DO FOR YOU WHEN YOU REACH GOLD????:eek:

Not a whole lot. When you check in at the port and get your boarding zone number, someone may (or may not) say "Welcome back". As clawson24 mentioned, you'll get an invite to the past guest party (it'll be with your Fun Times), and a coupon for a free drink to be used at the Comedy Brunch.

Archived