“Live" from the Baltic...9 Days.. 7-16 May..2013

We have never been to Berlin but are trying to decide if we should do that or stay local to the port. Do you recommend going to Berlin if we haven't been? We are currently booked with SPB, so I am interested in hearing what your friends thought.!

We did the same cruise last May on the Sun and did a private tour to Berlin with SPB. I highly recommend going into Berlin (and using SPB) - was one of the top highlights of our trip. Berlin was amazing - we had a great guide, saw so much, understood our old "history lessons" so much more than before. We plan to return to Berlin on a longer trip as soon as we can make the time!

Robin

We have never been to Berlin but are trying to decide if we should do that or stay local to the port. Do you recommend going to Berlin if we haven't been? We are currently booked with SPB, so I am interested in hearing what your friends thought.

Cant wait to read more and more!

I have been to Berlin a couple of years ago on a land tour.

Berlin is a must see.....My friends raved about the great service Spb gave.

Photos coming soon of their tour.

Day 3

Sea Day

Today was a lazy day for us all....with the next five days being port days it was nice too take it easy.

The weather started out very foggy and cold,but after lunch it was clear and warm on the decks,we had the Cruise Critic meet and greet in the La Cucina restaurant at 11.30.

Captain Konstantinos and all the heads of departments were present and gave a warm welcome too all of us....we were invited by the Captain for a personal tour of the bridge by him on the last sea day......He is very funny and welcoming and reminds me of Captain KIm of the Jade.

I heard from many who took the Berlin tour with Spb tours and they all had high praise for this tour....they said the guide was great and they had a large bus with bathroom for their tour.......the lunch provided was first class....they were lucky that the weather was very warm for this time of the year...23 C.

They returned to the ship around 8.00 pm.....Two hours before sail away.

The tour cost $105 with Spb tours if booked with Saint Petersburg as well......Ncl were charging $349 p/p by train...I have some photos of there day trip and will post them later.

We are all looking forward too Tallinn ,Estonia our next stop today.....We plan on doing a DIY tour with our friends from US and Canada,with a walk around the old city.

Arrive 9.00 am

All aboard 5.00 pm

Forecast 17 C / 63 F

It's a foggy start today on arrival into Tallinn.....it was the same into Warnemunde and that turned out too be a great day.

The fog horn is blowing too warn boats near-bye....it looks like the weather will be good today.

We are meeting David the Conceirge in four hours time too get the early exit off the ship.

We will be touring with my fellow Aussies and my US & Canadian friends today.

It's a foggy start today on arrival into Tallinn.....it was the same into Warnemunde and that turned out too be a great day.

The fog horn is blowing too warn boats near-bye....it looks like the weather will be good today.

We are meeting David the Conceirge in four hours time too get the early exit off the ship.

We will be touring with my fellow Aussies and my US & Canadian friends today.

Have a great time. What do you think of new HD?

Suzie

We will be boarding as you are exiting on the 16th of May.... Very excited to watch your review. Can you give us some insight into who the current Cruise Director, Concierge, and butlers are for the forward deck 13 cabins are????

Looks like you're getting beautiful weather so far; enjoy your next few days!!

--alex

The forward cabins are on deck 9,10,11,12....none on thirteen.

Arnie is butler on 10 forward...I saw him yesterday,my Aussie mates are lucky and have him as there butler.

I'm on 11 forward and Romel is the butler.

David is the concierge and Richard is cruise director.....he seems a little different than Sean .

Thanks for inviting us along on your trip. I'm enjoying the vicarious experience. :p

Hope you all enjoy the ride :)

I try and post about ports of calls....we don't do many shows and pick cruises on itinerary.

Tonight we have another group booking at Le Bistro.....great service and food.

Great pictures Duncan! Everyone looks so relaxed. I can't wait to see all of you again. Ted

Thanks Ted,

Bonnie and Mom had a great time in Berlin with Spb....they loved it.

We are all having a great time.....we are lucky too have so many friends onboard.

The forward cabins are on deck 9,10,11,12....none on thirteen.

Arnie is butler on 10 forward...I saw him yesterday,my Aussie mates are lucky and have him as there butler.

I'm on 11 forward and Romel is the butler.

David is the concierge and Richard is cruise director.....he seems a little different than Sean .

You mean Richard is Hotel Director and no one is like Sean. He is best HD at sea in my opinion.

Kyle Dodson is cruise director but is going home at end of your cruise

Suzie

Day 4

Tallinn,

The Star arrived into Tallinn harbour at 8.30 today and the weather cleared too clear sky’s and 20 C .

The port authority had no shuttles running today into town...The hop on, hop off bus were all lined up at the port....Price quoted was 16 Euros,but we all got a group discount because we had ten in our group....we all paid 10 Euro.

We toured Tallinn by bus and then walked the old city....the city is walled in parts and has a lot of charm..We had lunch in the olde hansa restaurant in the main part of town.

The walk back to the ship was 45 minutes from the centre of town.

Estonia with rick steves