Cell phones settings for clock camera ipod use

flgirl66

I have a Iphone 4S, if I put it on airplane mode will I be able to use it as alarm clock, camera ipod etc without any calls text emails coming through I dont want to get hit with the fees and I certainly dont want to see any work emails when on vaca!!

We are cruising to Bahamas

Dear Wife reports success with "airplane mode" on her last cruise with her iphone. She mentioned needing the alarm clock, and I know she took pics and video.

No crazy extra cell phone charges have showed up.

I have an iPhone 4S and I turn off my cellular data and then put the phone in airplane mode. Airplane mode automatically shuts off all data and cellular, but I turn off the cellular data before hand just in case the phone accidentally comes out of airplane mode at any point so data doesn't automatically download. I keep all of my push data turned off as an extra precaution anyway to keep my data from shooting through the roof so I take extra precautions when we cruise.

If you feel a need to iMessage, Facebook or check email while you're gone, you can turn on wifi while the phone is in airplane mode to do this. I find hotspots when we are in port and check in to make sure that someone checked on our animals while we were away.

I have an iPhone 4S and I turn off my cellular data and then put the phone in airplane mode. Airplane mode automatically shuts off all data and cellular, but I turn off the cellular data before hand just in case the phone accidentally comes out of airplane mode at any point so data doesn't automatically download. I keep all of my push data turned off as an extra precaution anyway to keep my data from shooting through the roof so I take extra precautions when we cruise.

If you feel a need to iMessage, Facebook or check email while you're gone, you can turn on wifi while the phone is in airplane mode to do this. I find hotspots when we are in port and check in to make sure that someone checked on our animals while we were away.

Yep, all of this.

Yep! I do it all the time! I use the camera, the clock and I also have a " noise machine" app that I turn on at night!!! Works great!!! Have fun!!!

I need to get the noise machine app, I sleep with a somewhat loud fan at home because I need the white noise. Which one do you have?

Archived