Grand Cayman Land Tour Suggestion

metfan747

I'm looking for the operator of land tours that make the basic stops at the Turtle Farm, Hell, the Rum Cake factory, etc. I'm not interested in Sting Ray City or anything else in the water. I've checked Sotos, Capt Bryan, and Nativeways and they don't have any land only tours. Does anyone know of such a tour operator?

We just did a land tour on May 14th. We booked it through the ship because we thought it was very reasonable. However, when we got off the tender at the pier, there were local tour guides lined up everywhere offering to take you on tours.

I too am looking for a land only tour, but have yet to find one. I have a large group going, so want to get this set up ahead of time. Hopefully someone will have some information for us.

Carnival Destiny 12/98

Carnival Triumph 10/99

Explorer of the Seas 12/02

Carnival Pride 07/03

http://www.ospsitecrafters.com/images/flahatch.gif

Mariner of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;7;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

• 3 weeks later...

We set up a very nice tour with BKM Limited. Co-owner Mindy Kimball was prompt with emails & took us exactly where we wanted to go. The E address is bkm@bkmlimited.com. We were only a group of 6, but I know she can accomodate more.

We saw the blow holes, Queen Elizabeth II Botanical Gardens, Pedo St. James Nat'l Historic site, the Conch-shell house, Hell & the turtle farm. We also had a picnic lunch on a beach, got an order of conch fritters to try, and stopped at Blackbeard's Rum shop. You can pick your own stops, or she can devise the tour for you. We had a wonderful day & highly recommend Mindy for your land tour needs.

• 1 month later...

Anniemeir,

There are just 3 of us, but what you described from BKM is what we were looking for. Would you mind telling me the cost of this land tour, and whether you think it was priced per person or just one price?

Thanks,

Laurie

• 5 months later...

Did you check with Nativeway about their Grand island Tour? We did it week before last & it is exactly what you describe. We also did a separate tour to Stingray city afterwards, but that was not part of the Grand Island Tour which is a land based tour only.

You could easily just walk off the ship and find a guide for that. We did this in March on the Zaandam and it worked like a charm. The tour was 15 bucks a person, plus admition to the turtle farm. Was A great deal considering on the boat the same tour was 39 i believe. They will get you back in plenty of time to the Tender area :)

Archived