Crib Set Up - Allure Boardwalk Balcony

We made our reservation for our cruise on Allure, but it's in 2015. We have reserved, but we're wondering about how the crib is set up. Since the cruise is 2 years away, there's a chance we may have a baby with us and we want to be sure we pick the right configuration for us. Right now we have 10329 reserved and the bed is by the balcony. We're wondering if we have to set up the crib would it be better for us to switch to 10729 where the bed is by the bathroom. 10729 is still avaliable as of now.

Thanks

We just spent a week on the Oasis with our 9 month old twins in room 9729, which has the bed by the closet. I think this would be the better configuration. After removing the sofa's armrests I was able to slide it over a few inches and squeeze the cruise line provided crib between the bed and sofa. This worked well for us as we had our own travel crib that we set up in front of the sofa each night and stored under the bed during the day. Here is a picture:

edary8u2.jpg

I'm curious as to how you are handling the booking? Are you just hoping you can add another passenger to the room if needed when the time comes or are you booking an extra person into the room now with the plan of transferring the baby into his/her spot?

Edited by SAHDofTwins

We just spent a week on the Oasis with our 9 month old twins in room 9729, which has the bed by the closet. I think this would be the better configuration. After removing the sofa's armrests I was able to slide it over a few inches and squeeze the cruise line provided crib between the bed and sofa. This worked well for us as we had our own travel crib that we set up in front of the sofa each night and stored under the bed during the day. Here is a picture:

edary8u2.jpg

I'm curious as to how you are handling the booking? Are you just hoping you can add another passenger to the room if needed when the time comes or are you booking an extra person into the room now with the plan of transferring the baby into his/her spot?

Thanks. For your feedback. Just to be clear. The crib pictured is the one they provided right? Did you find that adequate? We don't have kids yet so I'm wondering why you still used your travel crib?

Regarding the booking I asked both our TA and a RCCL rep would we be able to keep our same room if we need to add a child and they said yes since it'll just be a crib set up. Of course provided that there is enough capacity for the boat, like for lifeboats. The RCCL rep went on to elaborate that they don't allow booking a cabin for 3 people if there is only 1 or 2 people on the reservation, especially this far out, so reservations with 3 or more people have access to those rooms.

Thanks. For your feedback. Just to be clear. The crib pictured is the one they provided right? Did you find that adequate? We don't have kids yet so I'm wondering why you still used your travel crib?

Regarding the booking I asked both our TA and a RCCL rep would we be able to keep our same room if we need to add a child and they said yes since it'll just be a crib set up. Of course provided that there is enough capacity for the boat, like for lifeboats. The RCCL rep went on to elaborate that they don't allow booking a cabin for 3 people if there is only 1 or 2 people on the reservation, especially this far out, so reservations with 3 or more people have access to those rooms.

Yes, the crib pictured is the one they provided. I assume they are the same fleet wide but maybe not? It was adequate. We did bring our own crib sheet. They just fold up a regular bed sheet for the cribs. Our girls no longer sleep in the same crib hence the need for two. We figured it would be too tight to try and use two ship cribs so we brought our own travel crib for the second one. It worked well since it is so compact, light and easy to fold up and put away. I have read that cabin stewards are willing to put up and take down the ship crib daily if desired but we just left it like pictured for the week.

Yes, the crib pictured is the one they provided. I assume they are the same fleet wide but maybe not? It was adequate. We did bring our own crib sheet. They just fold up a regular bed sheet for the cribs. Our girls no longer sleep in the same crib hence the need for two. We figured it would be too tight to try and use two ship cribs so we brought our own travel crib for the second one. It worked well since it is so compact, light and easy to fold up and put away. I have read that cabin stewards are willing to put up and take down the ship crib daily if desired but we just left it like pictured for the week.

TOTALLY missed the twins part. Thanks for that explanation though because they run in my family :-).

We booked 10729 over 18 months before sailing on the Allure. There was only 2 on the booking from the beginning. We sailed with only 2 in the room. My daughter and her husband also booked 11729 for the same cruise. I know that my cabin (10729) could hold 3 passengers. I think that my daughters room also.

I was very concerned about the possibility of RCCL moving me based on what I had read on these boards. My travel agent got it in writing that I would not be moved if someone wanted the cabin with 3 people paying.

I sailed in 10729 in October 2011 and 2012.

We booked 10729 over 18 months before sailing on the Allure. There was only 2 on the booking from the beginning. We sailed with only 2 in the room. My daughter and her husband also booked 11729 for the same cruise. I know that my cabin (10729) could hold 3 passengers. I think that my daughters room also.

I was very concerned about the possibility of RCCL moving me based on what I had read on these boards. My travel agent got it in writing that I would not be moved if someone wanted the cabin with 3 people paying.

I sailed in 10729 in October 2011 and 2012.

I was just coming back to update on this. Apparently TAs can book rooms for 3 person occupancy, but DEFINITELY not RCCL.

My TA released 10729, which she had on hold for me. We had a next cruise certificate, but the deposit was applied incorrectly so we had to put down another deposit and RCCL will just credit us the difference. So when we booked with Royal we had 10329. When I called Royal to switch our rooms the agent said they couldn't because 10729 is a 3 person occupancy.

This is a great example of why it helps to use a TA versus booking through Royal directly.

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the picture! We are traveling next week with our 7 month old. We considered bringing a travel crib, but think we will be good with what's provided! :) Do you know if you can move the couch at all?

Thanks for the picture! We are traveling next week with our 7 month old. We considered bringing a travel crib, but think we will be good with what's provided! :) Do you know if you can move the couch at all?

I realize most of this thread is old, but Rahk, I would be interested in hearing a quick report when you get back regarding baby-specific cruise tips.

We've taken many cruises, but now have a little guy joining us. He'll just make the 6 month cut for our May cruise on the Allure. I've researched it some, but it would be nice to hear back from a recent cruiser with a baby of the same age.

Thanks!

Hi! No problem. We will definitely post review/tips. It is hard to find stuff about the little ones, but we travel quite a bit and are really excited! Here's a more recent review with an infant as well: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1964372

We will be on Freedom, but I suspect it would be pretty similar to your experience on Allure. :)

I realize most of this thread is old, but Rahk, I would be interested in hearing a quick report when you get back regarding baby-specific cruise tips.

We've taken many cruises, but now have a little guy joining us. He'll just make the 6 month cut for our May cruise on the Allure. I've researched it some, but it would be nice to hear back from a recent cruiser with a baby of the same age.

Thanks!