Fantasy leaving Charleston in May questions

My husband and I are thinking of taking the May 25th 5 day to the Bahamas out of Charleston but have never sailed Carnival before, concerned with only having one pool and school possibly letting out at this time. We are in our late 40's traveling with no kids, looks like the only all adult area has no pool to be around so this is a concern. Anyone had any experiences on this ship possibly around this time that can let us know what to expect? Thanks so much!!

has no pool in the Serenity area, but does have two hot tubs back there. We sailed her in Nov. last year so I can't help with the number of kids question, but since my wife is a teacher we USUALLY only sail when school is out anyway. I don't think the mix will be too much different than on other lines at this time of the year. The Fantasy is a nice ship that we enjoyed very much. We've done various lines and locations and find Carnival to be fun for us.

A side note, sailing out of Charleston through the Gulf Stream we found this particular sailing to have a little more movement than on others, not that it bothered us but just a heads up. Also, if at all possible I'd suggest spending a couple of extra days in Charleston, it's a very nice place to visit and dine.

Thank you so much for the info on the Gulf Stream, I saw where others had noted that and wondered why! We go to Charleston a couple of times a yr but have never sailed from there and yes it it quite the place to stay and dine for sure. Thanks again for your input on the ship we just might have to give it a try!

Archived