Getting to San Juan port from airport

Arriving in San Juan around 2:30pm with two kids ages 11 and 4 with three carry on suitcases and three personal bags. How difficult is it to catch a cab to the port or would it be better to suck up the $15 pp carnival transportation. Approximately how much would it be if I took the cab? I've read San Juan has set prices but do charge for extra luggage and that cabs are plentiful at the airport. I will be returning to the Embassy suites post cruise so I know carnival transportation will not be an option then.

Easy peasy. One you exit the baggage area and go out side there is a taxi booth, a dispatcher, just tell them where you want to go, they will call up a cab from the wings and give you a little sheet of paper with the rate on it.

It'll be around $20 or $22, and you tip a buck a bag.

Arriving in San Juan around 2:30pm with two kids ages 11 and 4 with three carry on suitcases and three personal bags. How difficult is it to catch a cab to the port or would it be better to suck up the $15 pp carnival transportation. Approximately how much would it be if I took the cab? I've read San Juan has set prices but do charge for extra luggage and that cabs are plentiful at the airport. I will be returning to the Embassy suites post cruise so I know carnival transportation will not be an option then.

Take the cab; it will be cheaper than $45. From the port to the airport, it was roughly $24-$27 for 3 of us; and that included the $1 per bag fee.

Archived