partly shaded balcony

trinitytrees

Hi

Thinking of booking a cruise on Azura, never done P O, just been reading plans etc, cabins left are high deck forward/aft, seen symbol for partial shady, anyone got any experience of these cabins, good or bad comments would be most welcome.

thank you :) :)

If you want a partially shaded balcony book a C deck cabin half in shade half in sun always go for this

I don't think the shaded section of the C deck balconies is any more shaded than the balconies on A & B decks; all you've got above you on all of these decks is a standard-length balcony (1.5 metres). C deck balconies are best for a mixture of shade and sun, in my view.

I think the shadiest balconies are those on Riviera deck. This is because the Lido deck protrudes outwards further than any other deck, thus casting more shade on the deck immediately below (Riviera). Best of all in this regard would be the cabins on Riviera immediately below the buffets on Lido - the buffet areas protrude furthest of all.

Of course, you might then have an issue with noise from the buffet above you, but I can't advise on that. Perhaps others who have been in balcony cabins on Riviera in this area can?

Another advantage of C deck balconies is that they are roughly twice the depth of the balconies on the decks above. The area equivalent to the balconies above is shaded by them, the extra area sticks out and is open to the sun.

My request was because of budget can only look at gty cabin and only ones left say high- forw/aft balcony cabins, when I checked the deck plan it shows partly shady. I/we dont need shade, would like some sun, concern was if very shady, and also any other things to consider, otherwise or option is an inside cabin.

again any more thoughts appreciate. thanks for responses so far :)

• 2 weeks later...
My request was because of budget can only look at gty cabin and only ones left say high- forw/aft balcony cabins, when I checked the deck plan it shows partly shady. I/we dont need shade, would like some sun, concern was if very shady, and also any other things to consider, otherwise or option is an inside cabin.

again any more thoughts appreciate. thanks for responses so far :)

We booked a getaway and the only grade was lowest balcony. This is so that P & O can allocate you ANY balcony. We have just been allocated highest grade balcony cabin midships B deck.

There are very few of the lowest grade balcony cabins so you could be allocated any balcony on the ship.

Sue

We were aft on Riviera deck, under the Lido deck overhang. We weren't expecting to get any sun at all but we did get some either in the morning or evening depending on the direction the ship was going. This was on a cruise to the Med and we felt it was ok. If you have been in the sun all day it was nice to sit in the shade on an evening. If you are real sun worshippers and like to sit on your balcony all day then maybe you will be disappointed with the amount of sun you will get.

Archived