How far in advance for specials?

moesyk4

We are looking to book a cruise for January 2014 and I've noticed most of the specials or OBC offers end at the end of this year. How far in advance should I start to see better offers for after the new year?

Cabins are considered inventory and like company with excess inventory cost them money.

The revenue dept will look at the number of cabins and monitor sales to set the price and specilas. Right now Carnival has PR problems as such sales are down. As a result they have offered all kinds of specials, but they always have a "book by date".

If the sales go down more they will offer better specials but if sales increase not only will. sales be less and less until their are none.

BASIC ECONOMICS SUPPLY and DEMAND will set the price and specials.

As far as last minute prices that is a gamble. I have seen prices go up even for those at the pier with luggage. Depending on ship and date I have seen people left at the pier because ship was booked up

We are looking to book a cruise for January 2014 and I've noticed most of the specials or OBC offers end at the end of this year. How far in advance should I start to see better offers for after the new year?
Book now as early saver and you can price match right up until 2 days before you sail. We have done this and so far have received $360.00 in OBC for 2 cabins. That is better than any of the OBC specials they have running now.

Even if you don't book early saver, you are eligible for rate drops up until the final payment date. I booked my November cruise a while back with Past Guest rates, and I've gotten my fare lowered by about $200 with the latest sales.

Archived