Teens on Mariner

We have late seating for dinner and have 3 15 yo with us. I believe I read somewhere that the first night, there is an orientation for teens. Will this conflict with late seating? How important is the orientation/

We leave in week, so any information is appreciated! :o

Late seating usually does conflict with the orientation, but to be honest the orientation is hardly necessary. It's just an introduction of the teen directors and maybe an exchange of a few names here and there. I've missed a few of the orientations and did not feel like I missed out on anything. The teen program is not as structured as one would believe. Most of the teenagers just mingle inside the room and select music and drink mocktails. No one really cares too much for following the itinerary and/or games. Your teens will undoubtedly catch up with everyone else later on and have a blast.

My opinion is, it depends on the time of year you're going. I see by your countdown clock, you're going in the summer, so there are sure to be lots of teens on board. So, no doubt, your teen will meet others to hang out with during the week.

On the other hand, we went during January, when there were very few teens aboard. Our son (age 15) did go to the Teen Meet & Mingle the first night, where he met a lot of kids his age. There were so few kids on board that week, he might have missed a lot of them otherwise.

Just as a FYI, most of the teen programs are actually held during late dinner, but with the exception of a couple, I think these are poorly attended. I don't think teens are into schedules on vacation. ;)

Janis,

Just asked my son about the orientation. He said when we went on the Voyager a few years back that this was mainly attended by the younger kids (12-13) so they left. The boys just met other kids on their own.

My daughter did do more things with the teen program and met others at the teen disco. But she was around 13 at that time.

I took early seating for the first time this cruise becuse the kids were so anxious to leave the dining room the last time. i do not think they ever stayed for a dessert. I hope i did not make a mistake since they are older now and can stay out later.

debbie

See you on saturday.

Archived