Nassau Booze Cruise and Snorkel

Chill_10

Was looking for some snorkeling excursions maybe outside of what carnival is offering and ran across this, that's basically the same price as the catamaran cruise and snorkel for actually a longer time. (didnt hear great things about the catamaran either)..

I came across this bahamassnorkel dot com and they have a 4.5 hour booze cruise and snorkel which is pretty much exactly what my fiance and I are looking for. We are both 25, and looking forward to the drinking so the all inclusive is awesome, as well as wanting to snorkel and see some amazing things.

Anyone ever do this, or can give any guidance to me prior to booking?

Was looking for some snorkeling excursions maybe outside of what carnival is offering and ran across this, that's basically the same price as the catamaran cruise and snorkel for actually a longer time. (didnt hear great things about the catamaran either)..

I came across this bahamassnorkel dot com and they have a 4.5 hour booze cruise and snorkel which is pretty much exactly what my fiance and I are looking for. We are both 25, and looking forward to the drinking so the all inclusive is awesome, as well as wanting to snorkel and see some amazing things.

Anyone ever do this, or can give any guidance to me prior to booking?

boozecruisebahamas.com and Bahamassnorkel.com are the same tour.

They both are on the bahamian queen. Boozecruisebahamas is the tour operator. Bahamassnorkel is a reseller of that same tour. Don't know why there is a discrepancy in the description.

As for drinking/snorkeling.. those that want to snorkel can't drink until they finish snorkeling. then the party begins.

depends on the weather where they go and how long they stay in the water.

so I guess my question would be.. would this be worth the $60 we'd spend? I mean I guess the lunch, and all inclusive drinks would be worth it enough then snorkeling on top of it.

But I was just wondering if their were any reviews on it, or if anyone actually did it.

so I guess my question would be.. would this be worth the $60 we'd spend? I mean I guess the lunch, and all inclusive drinks would be worth it enough then snorkeling on top of it.

But I was just wondering if their were any reviews on it, or if anyone actually did it.

I've done this plenty of times, so have most of my friends. I wouldn't consider it a snorkeling tour, but mainly a party boat.

i've figured as much, personally I've never been snorkeling so this will at least get me acclimated. I've seen on the website they offer a few different mixed drinks options, any preference on the best tasting ones? is the bar like a grab and go kind of deal since its all inclusive? or do you go, tell them what you want and then they make it for you?

I appreciate your responses! Looking forward to it!

Chill_10 my wife and I went on the booze cruise with a two other couples we were seated with in the dining room. We all had a lot of fun so much that all six of us missed dinner that night. After the boat makes pickups from the local hotels they head out to a snorkeling spot. We stay there for about 45 mins then got back on the boat at that time they opened the bar and had lunch. The drinks are all premixed so you just grab and go. During lunch they cruised to a small beach which I think we stayed at for about an hour. One thing to watch for is the guys on jet skis they pull up to the beach offering rides. When you get back on the boat they clear off the chair off the upper deck making it an open area for people to dance while they cruise the harbor a few times. In all it was a great time the boat was geared more towards drinking and partying. Also boat conveniently drops off and picks up near senor frogs

Chill_10 my wife and I went on the booze cruise with a two other couples we were seated with in the dining room. We all had a lot of fun so much that all six of us missed dinner that night. After the boat makes pickups from the local hotels they head out to a snorkeling spot. We stay there for about 45 mins then got back on the boat at that time they opened the bar and had lunch. The drinks are all premixed so you just grab and go. During lunch they cruised to a small beach which I think we stayed at for about an hour. One thing to watch for is the guys on jet skis they pull up to the beach offering rides. When you get back on the boat they clear off the chair off the upper deck making it an open area for people to dance while they cruise the harbor a few times. In all it was a great time the boat was geared more towards drinking and partying. Also boat conveniently drops off and picks up near senor frogs

I really couldn't have asked for a better recap. Thank you! I really appreciate this.. The misses and I will be booking this, and look forward to it greatly. Since our ship doesn't leave Nassau til 8, the 1pm-4:30(5ish) tour would be perfect for us.

Cant wait! If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to add them.

Where are you seeing $60? I'm seeing $70 per person!

Where are you seeing $60? I'm seeing $70 per person!

unfortunately it appears the price was changed from when I initially saw it. I'm seeing 70 now as well. either way I intend to take part in this, looks like a blast.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I really couldn't have asked for a better recap. Thank you! I really appreciate this.. The misses and I will be booking this, and look forward to it greatly. Since our ship doesn't leave Nassau til 8, the 1pm-4:30(5ish) tour would be perfect for us.

Cant wait! If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to add them.

Have you sailed yet? If so, what did you think of the booze cruise? Was looking at this when we sail in April for my husband's 40th. Would love to hear your review!

• 2 weeks later...

Chill hasn't answered yet, so I will answer for him. We met him and his beautiful fiance on our roll call and then met them in person on the Snorkel and Booze Cruise.

If you are taking this for the snorkeling, you will probably be disappointed. Don't get me wrong, you do snorkel and the fish are beautiful, but it is for a very short time. If you are taking this for the party with a few extras (snorkeling, beach, lunch, etc.), this excursion may be what you want.

My only advice would be to drink carefully. The alcohol they serve sneaks up on you. Then you have to rely on your husband and new friends to help you back to the ship. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just did this tour and everybody in my group enjoyed it. It was a bit overcast and windy so the water was a bit choppy for snorkeling but the guys from the boat were helpful to the snorkelers and were able to point out the different fish and things.

For those not snorkeling the bar was open the entire time the complimentary drinks included yellow bird, bahama mama, goombay smash, rum & coke, soda. They also sold top shelf and frozen drinks as well as beer and cuban cigars at the upstairs bar for additional cost.

We all enjoyed lunch which consisted of chicken, BBQ ribs, rice, and corn.

They played a wide range of music including the obligatory line dances, hip hop, soca, some 80's & 90's stuff.

Like I said we enjoyed ourselves and all of us would do it again.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to check back in with an update since I did not get off the boat at the beach area but some others in my party did.

Apparently there is a wide array of drugs being offered for sale at the beach.

I just wanted to let people know because it may be bothersome.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the update! My group of 10 has booked this excursion for our cruise in 14 days! We are celebrating my husband's 40th birthday so looking for something fun to do, and this sounds like it. Some of us will be snorkeling, so the experience is what we are looking for. But we will be ready to get back on the boat and party!