Atlantis - July

new_to_cruising

My daughter and I will be in Nassau on Friday July 12 - Carnival Victory. Would we be crazy to go to Atlantis? My daughter so wants to go, but if it is going to be stupid busy she may not enjoy it. Also, wondering if anyone has booked Atlantis through Majestic Tours. They seem to be cheaper than Carnival.

My daughter and I will be in Nassau on Friday July 12 - Carnival Victory. Would we be crazy to go to Atlantis? My daughter so wants to go, but if it is going to be stupid busy she may not enjoy it. Also, wondering if anyone has booked Atlantis through Majestic Tours. They seem to be cheaper than Carnival.

Your right that Atlantis will be stupic busy, especially on a weekend.

You're going during one of the highest occupancy weeks, mid summer.

Majestic has a good reputation, have been in business for decades and have tour desks in all the major hotels.

Thank you for this info.! We're going to be in Nassau in July and my SM had talked about going there as well. I almost have her talked out of it for the reasons you just mentioned - especially considering that some of us have physical issues and we'd be taking my 3 and 5 year olds. :eek:

scubagirrl: Now she would like to find another beach to visit but the Carnival reviews she read about Junkanoo said that it was "too dirty" and she wasn't impressed with Blue Lagoon when she went there either. I read your comments about Cabbage Beach on another thread. Are there any other decent options? Yes, she's proving to be a difficult client... LOL

Thank you for this info.! We're going to be in Nassau in July and my SM had talked about going there as well. I almost have her talked out of it for the reasons you just mentioned - especially considering that some of us have physical issues and we'd be taking my 3 and 5 year olds. :eek:

scubagirrl: Now she would like to find another beach to visit but the Carnival reviews she read about Junkanoo said that it was "too dirty" and she wasn't impressed with Blue Lagoon when she went there either. I read your comments about Cabbage Beach on another thread. Are there any other decent options? Yes, she's proving to be a difficult client... LOL

If she wasn't impressed with Blue Lagoon she may as well stay on the ship.

Cabbage Beach is fine, but it's no cleaner than Junkanoo, has more pesky vendors and no restrooms or amenities.

Sheraton is your typical resort on a nice stretch of cable beach with 3 pools and some non-motorized water sports. That may be the ticket.. it's $30pp for a day pass.

If she wasn't impressed with Blue Lagoon she may as well stay on the ship.

That's what I told her! It seems that some people she knows have been to the Bahamas and talked about how much "better" the beaches were that they went to (exaggeration, I think :rolleyes:) so I believe there are some unrealistic expectations here. LOL Thank you for the Sheraton idea. Do you know if it's usually super crowded there? Even if she's disappointed, it'll be much cheaper than being disappointed at Atlantis... :D

That's what I told her! It seems that some people she knows have been to the Bahamas and talked about how much "better" the beaches were that they went to (exaggeration, I think :rolleyes:) so I believe there are some unrealistic expectations here. LOL Thank you for the Sheraton idea. Do you know if it's usually super crowded there? Even if she's disappointed, it'll be much cheaper than being disappointed at Atlantis... :D

Sheraton is large enough to be able to spread out.. and they also get to share the beach and pools at the sister property - the wyndham, next door, so they shouldn't be crowded.

Sheraton is pretty good at keeping it comfortable for it's guests.

I am skipping Atlantis for the very reasons you are but my teens don't have their hearts set on going there. If your daughter really wants to go and you don't think you'll be back, you should just go. What's the worst that can happen? It will be crowded but she will get to see what she really wants to see. I'll be there July 9th with RC Majesty. I've decided to snorkel with Bluehole Water Sports and possibly go to the Sheraton for the afternoon. I may just want to walk around town to the Straw Market and that staircase instead of the Sheraton. Just haven't decided what to do after the snorkeling and we are there until midnight. Have a great time and no stress.

Just checked and there will be 4 ships in port on July 12. If we go to Atlantis and decide not to do the water slides, what else is there to do. I know my daughter will get very frustrated quickly if she has to stand in line for the slides anymore than 10 minutes.

Just checked and there will be 4 ships in port on July 12. If we go to Atlantis and decide not to do the water slides, what else is there to do. I know my daughter will get very frustrated quickly if she has to stand in line for the slides anymore than 10 minutes.

That's an awful lot of money to NOT go on the waterslides. The aquapass enables you to see the DIG aquarium, enjoy the pools and beaches and the waterpark.. It doesn't include any other activity.

You will be lucky if you can find a 10 minute line for a slide in the middle of July.

So I take it we should save our money and not go to Atlantis? My daughter may be disappointed.

I'm not a fan of Atlantis.. especially when it's so overcrowded. There are better water parks in the states, cheaper and not as overcrowded.

Try blueholewatersport or Capt Carl boattours. Lots of real fun.

We'll be there July 17th (Carnival Splendor) - how do you check to see how many ships are in port that day?

Thanks.

Archived