NLC Golf...Help Needed

Hi everyone. I have a question for those who have booked a golf excursion in Bermuda. Does this ship allow you to take your clubs to your room or are they stored somewhere? If they do store them for you did you feel comfortable leaving them stored. I don't want to book a round if I can't keep an eye on my clubs myself or, if there's a chance they might walk away or get damaged.. Any help is appreciated.

Let me preface this by saying I've never brought clubs on a cruise: but, we are looking at going to bermuda next summer and my fiancé is an avid golfer so this topic recently came up for us too. Personally, I would feel much more comfortable putting them in storage with the steward. The reason for this is that they are obviously far too large to go in the in room safe and, in my experience, doors are frequently propped open in small sections while the room stewards are making their rounds. There is a chance someone could walk by and snatch them. On the other hand, if you store them they will be somewhere passengers do not have access to. Personally I worry far more about wrongdoings by my fellow passengers than I do by cruise ship employees.

That being said, you need to do what you feel comfortable with. If you are going to worry all week about your clubs then I'd look into renting. Either way I hear golf in bermuda is great! Enjoy!!

My husband took his to Bermuda several times. He was very fussy about his clubs and carried them onboard and stored them in the cabin. The only time he stored them was when he was playing with the pro onboard and the pro stored them. Other then that they stayed in the cabin with us in the corner or the closet.

Personally I worry far more about wrongdoings by my fellow passengers than I do by cruise ship employees.

Very true! Most crew members would not want to risk their jobs to steal. It is just not worth it. Secondly, apparently the crew quarters are quite cramp. Where would they store golf clubs? :D

Archived