Review - 9 night Eastern Caribbean on the Gem

alg7334

Hello Alg7334,

Your review was great! We will be sailing on the Gem next year in May. This will be my first time on Norwegian and my 3rd cruise. I had a few questions, first is there anywhere I can get a copy of the menus for the Grand Pacific/Magenta dining rooms? Also we will have a mid ship balcony, do they provide coffee makers in those rooms?

Cheryl

I'm sorry I just saw this! Balcony rooms come with a coffee maker so you will have no trouble there! For menus, you can probably find more current ones on CruiseCritic but if not here is a great website to give you an idea: http://www.beyondships.com/NCLGem-Menus.html

• 3 weeks later...
My Samana review was moved to a new location. Please use this link instead:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1782943

Great review. I read with interest the part where you indicated there were steps for the final trail down to the falls at Santo Limon. When we were there in '06 there were only three spots on the whole trail that had steps. The rest was a treacherous mix of mud, rocks, roots and steep drop-offs. :eek: The trek down was tricky, at best. The trek back up was downright scary, and thoroughly exhausting. Really glad to know that it has improved so much.

Great review. I read with interest the part where you indicated there were steps for the final trail down to the falls at Santo Limon. When we were there in '06 there were only three spots on the whole trail that had steps. The rest was a treacherous mix of mud, rocks, roots and steep drop-offs. :eek: The trek down was tricky, at best. The trek back up was downright scary, and thoroughly exhausting. Really glad to know that it has improved so much.

Yikes! Sounds scary!!