Conquest Review May 5-12 2013

I can understand why someone would take offense to the comments. I interpreted it as simple cynicism, but it could be also be seen as a veiled insult ("you people are too sheep-like to tolerate a dissenting opinion, but here goes") or even as a troll attempt ("give it your best shot!")

That's the trouble with message forums, it is too easy to misinterpret tone and infer meaning where there is none (or vice versa).

Actually the first. I have seen honest reviews on here that get blasted because they are too harsh, too petty, too minor, too picky, too stuck up, etc. if you read the comments, you will see that. Folks almost seem to work for Carnival in their defense and then resort to attacking the reviewer. Others like Sxxxxxx Shxxxx just write comments to get stats and get folks to reply so he can write more stuff. Sorry but thought people on here were more adult. In fact I read some of Johns (senior cruise director for life) blog and thought he was pretty sarcastic in some of his comments. Any way, I don't write many things on here unless I have something to share that I think is worthwhile.

Okay, so here goes my first posting on CC. I have cruised 4 times. My first with NCL and the rest with Carnival. My first cruise was also my worst cruise and it could have ruined my overall impression of cruising at all. I vowed never to cruise with NCL again. I realize now that I was wrong about that because other people cruise with them and give great reviews and I shouldn't base one bad cruise on the whole line. However, I still prefer Carnival because they are the FUN SHIPS and I always have a great time. I have always had great service and only had one problem on my last cruise with the air conditioner not working for the first couple of days. They quickly supplied us with a fan which was sufficient and we were not inconvenienced.

As far as the smoking issue, I am a smoker and I either smoked on my balcony or in the designated areas and I did not see other smokers in un-designated areas. I'm not sure where you where encountering all the smoke from.

All your other complaints seem a bit trivial to me. But then I don't always expect perfection. I try to roll with the issues, if not too great, and focus in on the good parts of the cruise. I realize that people have different opinions on their experience, but I don't think you should slam the whole line for what you went through on that one cruise.

You did have a valid complaint about not having access to your room from 9 to 5. I would have definitely asked for some sort of compensation or credit for that. With that being said, since you like being in your room for most of the cruise, you would do better to seek a more sedate cruising atmosphere and stay away from Carnival. They don't call them the Fun Ships for nothing!

Actually the first. I have seen honest reviews on here that get blasted because they are too harsh, too petty, too minor, too picky, too stuck up, etc. if you read the comments, you will see that. Folks almost seem to work for Carnival in their defense and then resort to attacking the reviewer. Others like Sxxxxxx Shxxxx just write comments to get stats and get folks to reply so he can write more stuff. Sorry but thought people on here were more adult. In fact I read some of Johns (senior cruise director for life) blog and thought he was pretty sarcastic in some of his comments. Any way, I don't write many things on here unless I have something to share that I think is worthwhile.

Well, thanks for your honest review, I for one appreciate it. I think most people do.

I'm going to write about my first cruise experience too, I just got off Glory a few weeks ago. Lots of positive things to say but a few minor negatives. Nothing quite as annoying as what you had to deal with though, but definitely room for improvement.

Well, thanks for your honest review, I for one appreciate it. I think most people do.

I'm going to write about my first cruise experience too, I just got off Glory a few weeks ago. Lots of positive things to say but a few minor negatives. Nothing quite as annoying as what you had to deal with though, but definitely room for improvement.

Hope you are able to do it objectively and not get criticized. Best of luck and thanks for the comments.

Okay, so here goes my first posting on CC. I have cruised 4 times. My first with NCL and the rest with Carnival. My first cruise was also my worst cruise and it could have ruined my overall impression of cruising at all. I vowed never to cruise with NCL again. I realize now that I was wrong about that because other people cruise with them and give great reviews and I shouldn't base one bad cruise on the whole line. However, I still prefer Carnival because they are the FUN SHIPS and I always have a great time. I have always had great service and only had one problem on my last cruise with the air conditioner not working for the first couple of days. They quickly supplied us with a fan which was sufficient and we were not inconvenienced.

As far as the smoking issue, I am a smoker and I either smoked on my balcony or in the designated areas and I did not see other smokers in un-designated areas. I'm not sure where you where encountering all the smoke from.

All your other complaints seem a bit trivial to me. But then I don't always expect perfection. I try to roll with the issues, if not too great, and focus in on the good parts of the cruise. I realize that people have different opinions on their experience, but I don't think you should slam the whole line for what you went through on that one cruise.

You did have a valid complaint about not having access to your room from 9 to 5. I would have definitely asked for some sort of compensation or credit for that. With that being said, since you like being in your room for most of the cruise, you would do better to seek a more sedate cruising atmosphere and stay away from Carnival. They don't call them the Fun Ships for nothing!

Understand your comments and respect your thoughts. What is trivial for some may not be to someone else. But then we are all different.

It's not the negative comments, it is the cheap shots that accompany the opinion.

Cheap shots? Don't think so. Too bad you cannot accept that Carnival sometimes is not perfect in the real world. At least I better understand your username now.

I stopped reading when I got to the part about the hairdryer and the mirror. Seriously, some people just look for things to complain about.

Let me explain something. While the hairdryer and mirror mean nothing to me (a man), there are somewhat important to my wife and therefore important to me. The closest I can equate for a man is like trying to shave in the dark with no mirror and a razor blade. So some things may be minor to you but then again everybody is not the same.

Archived