Taxi ride from New Orleans Airport to Pier

genxian

Taxicabs: A cab ride costs $28.00 from the airport to the Central Business District (CBD) for one or two persons and $12.00 (per passenger) for three or more passengers. Pick-up is on the lower level, outside the baggage claim area. There may be an additional charge for extra baggage.

http://flymsy.com/ground_transportation.htm

I think they have started adding a surcharge for higher fuel costs.

Taxi is a whole lot faster than shuttle having to stop at several hotels. Just make sure you ask for one with air conditioning. Airport to FQ on arrival......we had a trashed out van with no a/c. I swear......if he had started speaking spanish....I would have thought I was in Mexico. lol On return trip, I requested one with a/c & it made several drivers mad because that cab got the fare before them. I complained after returning home & was told cabs are not regulated. Seems like a city with as many tourists as Nola would wake up & make their taxi service meet some basic standards. All the same price so ask for the a/c since Nola can be rather warm & humid at times.

Archived