Any Private Tours, Places, Suggestions for what to do in St Thomas besides shopping

Hi Everyone

I am looking for ideas. Places, suggestions, any possible excursions you can recommend for me and my families future cruise on the Carnival Glory. I have looked on carnival’s website and the tours did not seem to fit in with all family members needs.

I cannot snorkel I get panic attacks and another family member cannot swim. So snorkel excursions are pretty much redundant for our lil group.

We have an elderly family member who is not so good at walking long distances, their feet swell up due to medication they take, although they can do small amounts of walking permitted there are stops, they are after all 73 :)

So what would you all suggest for excursions? Any companies you recommend or have done reviews on please share :) we will be cruising in November.

My husband and I did not plan an excursion when we went there a few years ago but had the best tour!! When you leave the boat take a taxi to the market area and there are all open trucks lined up selling tours. We paid 20pp and had a better day then people who booked thru carnival. Most of the beaches there you need to pay for but there is one that is free, any taxi driver should know where to bring if that is what you had in mind.

The Kon Tiki is a good family friendly excursion. Live music if you want to dance, beautiful beach, historical narration, etc. Something for everyone.

We have done the Kon Tiki twice and whilst we loved it we are looking to do something different, I did thoroughly enjoy the Kon Tiki

The guide drove us around the island giving us the history , we stopped at a historical house( I cannot remember the name) , various stops along way to he could show different area and the beach. It was about 3-4 hours long.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everyone

I am looking for ideas. Places, suggestions, any possible excursions you can recommend for me and my families future cruise on the Carnival Glory. I have looked on carnival’s website and the tours did not seem to fit in with all family members needs.

I cannot snorkel I get panic attacks and another family member cannot swim. So snorkel excursions are pretty much redundant for our lil group.

We have an elderly family member who is not so good at walking long distances, their feet swell up due to medication they take, although they can do small amounts of walking permitted there are stops, they are after all 73 :)

So what would you all suggest for excursions? Any companies you recommend or have done reviews on please share :) we will be cruising in November.

I suggest that you post this same message on the other "sections" of CruiseCritic: now you are on Message Board Forums, pretty general; also try the usually successful and more specific Roll Calls (at the top left of the CC home page in the drop-down bar); once you click on roll calls, scroll down a little until you see Sub-Forums: Roll Calls, keep scrolling until you get to Carnival Glory Roll Calls and click on it;scroll down to just past the beige line saying "thread"/starter, which you hope you will not have to do: you look for the date of your cruise with your ship's name (again, hoping that someone else has already begun a "thread" for you), and click on it; I see Glory leaving Miami Nov. 3-10, but I can't get any information without looking up my username and password;ok, i'm in, and it looks like yours or similar. You need the same exact ship, cruise, date etc. to try to form a private/small group tour of 10-12 people. You really have special problems and needs that could ruin your trip on a bus of 30-40 people. Most guides have agencies that will put trips together just for you and your needs/tastes for less money than Carnival charges. Then you "post" the trip on Roll Calls (also try Ports of Call in CC) and see if others from your ship will join you to keep the price down. You do need to check out reviews via CC, Google, and Tr-pAd----r.com, to see which agencies people were happiest with. For example in St. Thomas people seem to like: Air Force One Fun Tours, Godfrey Tours and Sunny Liston Tours (I will google all these, contact each one, and try to set something up for me and my family on the Carnival Dream July 16,2013.)

All this emailing takes a lot of time, energy, research, and some internet knowledge. Each time you do it, you learn. Every time I try to navigate CC and TA, it seems I have forgotten how and have to re-learn. Lots of people will offer really great and valuable help, especially if you have the time and patience to read through different posts.

In case you are going to St.Maarten/Martin: Lloyd from Twin Island Excursions (USA #954-905-9214) (info@twinislandexcursions.com) is doing our small group tour:private cultural/historical/picture (non-beach, non-shopping tour (7/17/13), that is, if there are any other families like us on the Dream July 13-20. For $35 apiece (10 people), we will visit the Butterfly Farm (pay own entrance fee $8-14), Maho Beach (just to see/hear big planes landing over-head), stop several times for photo-op views and at the "border" obelisk, see the architecture of Grand Case (in passing), visit the French capitol, Marigot for at least 2 hours (kids in tour will want to see Fort St. Louis, maybe adults too, as the view is beautiful) (8:30AM-2:30PM, anyone who wants to shop can get off at end of tour in Philipsburg). Another highly rated guide in St. Martin is Joyce (joycepersonalservices@gmail.com)from princepersonal.c-m. Also: Bernard's Tours in St. Maarten has good reviews in Tr---Ad---.com. Miamitennismom

Archived