Emerald VS 732 Caribbean Princess

myangel

We are booked on the CP in a minisuite for the 4 of us (2 teenaged sons). Our TA said for 1300 more (total) we can upgrade to the only suite left, VS 732 on the Emeraald deck. Has anyone been in this cabin before? trying to decide if I should go for it or not. Please help. Thanks!!!

We've been in a PS on Caribbean Princess. They're basically the same as a VS, just a slightly larger balcony. You'll like the fact that the shower and commode are in two separate rooms, which should make getting ready in the morning just a little easier. You'll also have a curtain to separate you from your kids at night.

I think this is the first time I've ever heard of Princess offering to upsell at a reduced rate. That makes me a little suspicious, but it's my nature to question everything that is a deviation from the norm. For the price, it sounds like a great deal. You might want to lock up or turn down the free bar set-up.

Hi Spongerob,

Don't think it is a reduced rate do you? Maybe it is I don't know, lol. When we were booking the mini suite, she had mentioned that there was only one full suite left,so I inquired further, Trying to decide if indeed it is worth it to go 1300 more to upgrade from a mini to a full. Never been in a mini or a full before........ I am trying to figure out what is above that cabin for noise purposes........

If you have any noise issues, they'll come from Club Fusion below you, not from the cabins above. If the added cost doesn't create any hardship, I'd say go for it.

It is rare for Princess to offer reduced rates on suites. I have seen them, for September/October Caribbean sailings, but as a rule their suite prices stay firm.

myangel, You will also receive the full amenities that are associated with a suite if you book the VS. Not so in a mini. Everything from free laundry and dry cleaning to other valuable perks, which might come in very handy with two children along.

Personally, for that price, I would grab up that last VS.

Enjoy your cruise.

If you get on board early enough, check out one of the aft suites. The doors are usually open while the stewards prepare for the next group of embarking passengers. Just peek in, and show your husband what you're missing. You'll be fine in a minisuite, but the aft suites are the best thing about the Grand-class ships in my opinion.

After you've seen a suite, if you get a headache for the 7 days, let's hope he understands. :D

GUESS WHAT!

I am soooooo having a major headache AND somebody will be sleeping on the couch!!! My husband agreed last night to go ahead with the suite plans, but now they are gone!!! I am heartbroken......... my TA put me on a waitlist I am #3 but really, what good will that do? oh well, I am not even going to peak into one of those cabins, so I will not knwo what I am missing!! :(

Archived