Any Babies on Breakaway yet?

Livemad

Hi

I would definitely bring a stroller and one that reclines so child can sleep. The buggy may be tight in the room.

my children have been on plenty of cruises (going on breakaway in july with hubby then in Nov with kiddies) and here are some things I bring:

Pack n play sheet- on the ships I have been on they all use regular white sheets and dont stay on the pack n play pad very well

Snacks- I pack lots of goldfish, cookies, crackers etc

soap- This may sound weird but Ilike to wash the bottles good after all day so I pack a small containter of dawn soap and a sponge so I can give them a good cleaning.

DVD Player- The dinners can take a long time and my son gets very antsy so we always bring a portable dvd player or ipad so they can be occupied. I also pack those small col,oring books.

toys- I pack some toys so they have some stuff to do in the room

Ok.....strollers... We leave for breakaway on Sunday we have a 3 yo and 18 mo. Neither use strollers at all at home but I know they will on the cruise. Problem is at home they both use buggy cars. Hubby wants to bring on travel stroller and one "whisper rider II" buggy. I get it son loves the buggy but then we can't fold it up, can't take it on a bus, he can't sleep in it he can't get a diaper change in it etc. so do I enforce we bring 2 travel strollers and leave the buggy? Take one stroller and the buggy or just take 1 stroller and make one kid walk or be carried as needed????

Leave the buggy at home - it would be hard to store and cumbersome in the hallways.

You need two travel strollers. And it is very important that you teach the 3 year old that now - for his safety that he needs to be in a stroller.

And believe me - I have the worlds MOST argumentative youngest child. But if I could have strapped her into a stroller until she was 8 - I would have. ;)

We are on the breakaway now with our 14 month old.

You can go into the kids aqua park with babies with swimmer diapers.

There are some older kids there but the water is less than 1 foot high. It's a cute area and the water is heated. Matter of fact all of the pools are heated.

They were telling parents today to remove their little ones in swim diapers.

We decided on one travel stroller and one sit and stand borrowed from a friend. I also have the "child harness" and used that with 3 yo on last cruise when she was 15 mo and I will bring it again for when they want to walk....so they can't get too lost in a crowd Etc

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I'm back from breakaway june2-9 with my 17 mo and 3 yo. We did the zoo/aquarium by bus and ferry with travel stroller. Horseshoe bay beach by bus and taxi with no stroller. And last day rode free trolly around dock yard a million times-no stroller but you could bring it and walked dockyard shops with stroller. Ask away......

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Ok I'm back from breakaway june2-9 with my 17 mo and 3 yo. We did the zoo/aquarium by bus and ferry with travel stroller. Horseshoe bay beach by bus and taxi with no stroller. And last day rode free trolly around dock yard a million times-no stroller but you could bring it and walked dockyard shops with stroller. Ask away......

Did you have fun? :)

Tons of fun! Only complaint is no black out curtain in mini suite so bed time was almost non existent. Loved being docked for 3 days in same port bc Bermuda was beautiful. Even though the staff seemed very new to the ship and our cabin Stewart Dinky was not the best ( I think it was just him getting adjusted still) the rest of the staff were great, always called my little one princess and remembered her name and the splash academy staff OMG amazing! Truly amazing staff top notch there.

Tons of fun! Only complaint is no black out curtain in mini suite so bed time was almost non existent. Loved being docked for 3 days in same port bc Bermuda was beautiful. Even though the staff seemed very new to the ship and our cabin Stewart Dinky was not the best ( I think it was just him getting adjusted still) the rest of the staff were great, always called my little one princess and remembered her name and the splash academy staff OMG amazing! Truly amazing staff top notch there.

Isn't Bermuda gorgeous???? I would love to retire there. Now I just have to marry off a daughter to someone FROM Bermuda ;p

Usually we use the balcony to run and hide to try to keep the bedtimes the same. Baby goes to bed - we go "outside". We pull the curtains just enough that they can't really see us but we can see them. Oh I remember those days.

Welcome back! Have fun getting used to cooking again - blech!

We just cruised with a 13 month old on the Breakaway. The guppies was very small but clean. One major complaint I have was when the pack n play was set up our balcony room, you couldn't access the bathroom and there were about 6 inches of room to squeeze through!

We just cruised with a 13 month old on the Breakaway. The guppies was very small but clean. One major complaint I have was when the pack n play was set up our balcony room, you couldn't access the bathroom and there were about 6 inches of room to squeeze through!

Wow, that does sound small. Do you have pictures?

How was it getting food, milk, snacks on and off the ship in Bermuda?

In Bermuda when you get off the ship you can walk about 2 blocks away from the ship as there is a pharmacy it was basically like CVS on steroids :) you could buy any and everything there. They even take Amex which helped me.

Milk was always available on the ship. Whole and skim.

We were in a mid ship mini suite with tub. When the pack and play finally came....they didn't have it listed that we needed one even though my TA told them and I contacted special needs and had a confirmation email. Anyway, it wasn't high kid season yet so they got one to us by 7pm first day. We needed to use the bed, sofa and crib so I moved the night stands out of the way and pushed the bed all the way to the balcony then pushed the sofa all the way to the end of the side if the bed then the pack and play fit btw the sofa and closet ad there was plenty of room to walk passed to bathroom. The sofa back comes off and i put that on the floor Incase my 3 yo fell out of the sofa, which she did many times

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

In Bermuda when you get off the ship you can walk about 2 blocks away from the ship as there is a pharmacy it was basically like CVS on steroids :) you could buy any and everything there. They even take Amex which helped me.

Milk was always available on the ship. Whole and skim.

We were in a mid ship mini suite with tub. When the pack and play finally came....they didn't have it listed that we needed one even though my TA told them and I contacted special needs and had a confirmation email. Anyway, it wasn't high kid season yet so they got one to us by 7pm first day. We needed to use the bed, sofa and crib so I moved the night stands out of the way and pushed the bed all the way to the balcony then pushed the sofa all the way to the end of the side if the bed then the pack and play fit btw the sofa and closet ad there was plenty of room to walk passed to bathroom. The sofa back comes off and i put that on the floor Incase my 3 yo fell out of the sofa, which she did many times

We will also be in a minisuite but a few weeks ago they told me we were not getting a tub. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the information, it is definitely great to know I can move the furniture around, I thought everything would be nailed down.

I am unsure what we are allowed to take off the ship and bring on the ship in regards to food though. If I wanted to take baby snacks do they have to be prepackaged sealed or can it be in a little ziplock baggie? Also, I have those ready milk bottles so I don't have to worry about keeping milk cold. Are they allowed? Are any other bottled drinks allowed on or off?

I am unsure what we are allowed to take off the ship and bring on the ship in regards to food though. If I wanted to take baby snacks do they have to be prepackaged sealed or can it be in a little ziplock baggie? Also, I have those ready milk bottles so I don't have to worry about keeping milk cold. Are they allowed? Are any other bottled drinks allowed on or off?

Actually I have seen them throw everything that is not pre packaged - even coffee bought onboard.

I only bring off the pre packaged things. Anything else and you risk it getting tossed.

Actually I have seen them throw everything that is not pre packaged - even coffee bought onboard.

I only bring off the pre packaged things. Anything else and you risk it getting tossed.

Well that sucks. I have these little cookie/cracker snacks called Yum Yums that my daughter likes and are made of veggies and fruits. The little packages have 3 cookies. She doesn't eat a whole 3 cookies a day. lol She eats maybe 1 and wears 25% of it. So if I open it I'm gonna have to throw out the other 2 cookies... :rolleyes: Maybe I can feed them to her daddy? :D

Yup just no fruit is the biggie. I would order room service in the am and write in froot loops and a bagel and that way I had easy stuff to take off the ship, the Cereal is in little boxes you can also just grab them off the buffet. I also bring those fruit pouches like plum organic and toss one a day in the diaper bag incase we were stuck someplace. You can't eat on the public busses but I gave my kids the pouches and no one said anything. FYI the people that live in Bermuda are very nice, I had locals hold my kids for a second getting on and of the bus, or the men would carry my stroller off, one lady even held my sons sippy cup for him to drink (it was an odd bus configuration and made the most sense). So just don't be put off by this they are super nice and mean well and will give you great advice on where/what to do.

Hi all! I'll be cruising with my 9 month old next week (sooo excited!). Anyway, it seems like most posters here have babies who are over 12 months and already on cows milk or whatnot. I'm still on formula with my LO. Any thoughts on what I should do about water for making her bottles? We're flying in Sunday morning, so (1) I can't pack a case, or even jug, of water, and (2) I anticipate that we'll be crunched for time and may not be able to make a stop for water. I wouldn't even know where to go for that. Does anyone know if there is a convenience store near the cruise terminal?

Should I trust that the water onboard will be safe to use for baby formula (assuming that it is filtered water)? Or do I just buck up and pay for bottled water onboard? From a previous post, it sounds like I should be able to buy a jug of water at the mega pharmacy once we get to Bermuda, but what should I do before then? And will I be allowed to bring that jug of water back onboard?

Livemad, I apologize for hijacking your thread! I thought my questions were kinda relevant and I'm hoping the answers will be helpful to other baby mamas who might come across your thread. Thanks!

Hi all! I'll be cruising with my 9 month old next week (sooo excited!). Anyway, it seems like most posters here have babies who are over 12 months and already on cows milk or whatnot. I'm still on formula with my LO. Any thoughts on what I should do about water for making her bottles? We're flying in Sunday morning, so (1) I can't pack a case, or even jug, of water, and (2) I anticipate that we'll be crunched for time and may not be able to make a stop for water. I wouldn't even know where to go for that. Does anyone know if there is a convenience store near the cruise terminal?

Should I trust that the water onboard will be safe to use for baby formula (assuming that it is filtered water)? Or do I just buck up and pay for bottled water onboard? From a previous post, it sounds like I should be able to buy a jug of water at the mega pharmacy once we get to Bermuda, but what should I do before then? And will I be allowed to bring that jug of water back onboard?

Livemad, I apologize for hijacking your thread! I thought my questions were kinda relevant and I'm hoping the answers will be helpful to other baby mamas who might come across your thread. Thanks!

Have you thought of the liquid to go bottles? They are 8 oz of ready made bottles that you only have to put a nipple on and toss once baby is done. They are more expensive but you're on vacation. You don't have to refrigerate them or heat them since they are at room temperature. I think we paid $47 for a case of $24 bottles. They are well worth it and I don't leave the house without them. Easy Peasy. :)

There is also the coffee maker is some of the cabin rooms? Could that boil the water for you?

The ship's water is totally safe for drinking. We took my baby on a cruise at 8 months old and used the ship water to make her bottles. She survived ;). But the pre made bottles will probably make your life a lot easier.

Just remember to bring a bottle brush, warm clothes (the ship gets cold) medicines, and a blow up duck pool for your LO to splash around in.

Have a great cruise!

Archived