Beer on board

twobluecats

Okay, this is a question for my husband. On past cruises there have been occasions when he was able to purchase a mug at a certain price and then refill it throughout the cruise for a discounted price. Does Celebrity offer such a beer lover's dream?

Only if your husband wants his mug refilled with tap water....

What cruise line were you on that offered that option? The only thing I have seen are some specials where you buy a bucket of beer so you sort of get one beer for free.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

Best bet here is if you are close in to the ship - bring your own onboard.

OR

If you are in a port get it and bring it back on board.

I have also never seen the line sell a mug and then get as many re-fills as you want.

Sounds so..... icon_eek.gif Carnival... icon_razz.gif

Next - Millennium - The wait begins anew. icon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2005;02;13;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Alway booked and waiting...

icon_biggrin.gif

Actually, it was on Disney Magic last May. I don't recall the price, but they basically take your mug back, and bring another frosted mug filled with beer. It wasn't "Carnival" like at all. Actually, the service and selection was outstanding. The price wasn't just absolutely wonderful, but it was discounted compared to buying normally.

What is Celebrity's policy if he wants to purchase from a local brewery along our stops? He was hoping to be able to bring aboard a six pack from various ports like Seattle, San Francisco and Juneau. All have local breweries and he would like to try some of the various offerings back on board.

TWOBLUECATS SAYS: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Okay, this is a question for my husband

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just wondering if he answered the question or not! icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_wink.gif

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Twoblue,

Now don't get too upset! You might not have known people would have fun with an "unlimited beer pass" question on the Celebrity board. There aren't many ships that offer such things! Let alone the higher end lines. It's pretty much pay for it as you go or bring a little to have in your cabin!

Booze is ALWAYS an excitable topic here!

Sorry if you got your feelings hurt, no hurt intended I promise you! icon_wink.gif

Rosie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

PS, the info wasn't COMPLETELY useless because our resident useless Newt didn't respond! icon_biggrin.gif

Hope THIS helps.

Rosie

You guys chased her away! I was the one who apologized! icon_smile.gif What are ya gonna do--arrest me??!!

icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Rosie

Hi, You cannot bring any beer, wine, or liquor aboard many of the cruise ships now. We used to always buy some local beer or wine in port to enjoy onboard. But in the last two years, they have confiscated any alcohol and sent it back to our room on the night before the cruise returns to dock. I think Celebrity may be less strict than other lines though, because when we went to europe for 12 days on the Millenium last July, we did buy some wine in Italy & Greece and were allowed to bring it on board. NCL & Royal Caribean are very strict though. NCL x-rays the luggage as it goes on to the ship and you cannot board the ship until you remove it from your luggage for them to keep until you return. Last year when we went to Bermuda, we brought two very nice bottles of white wine that we wanted to drink with dinner, and they "lost them". They replaced them with cheap white wine. We were not happy.Mary & Mark<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by twobluecats:

Actually, it was on Disney Magic last May. I don't recall the price, but they basically take your mug back, and bring another frosted mug filled with beer. It wasn't "Carnival" like at all. Actually, the service and selection was outstanding. The price wasn't just absolutely wonderful, but it was discounted compared to buying normally.

What is Celebrity's policy if he wants to purchase from a local brewery along our stops? He was hoping to be able to bring aboard a six pack from various ports like Seattle, San Francisco and Juneau. All have local breweries and he would like to try some of the various offerings back on board.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_smile.gif Mary & Mark (:

I'm sure it's probably going to make some more people mad & upset, but.... We did the Summit 10 nighter this past February. We carried a rolling carry-on full of nothing but Rum, Vodka, Champagne & Wine! We had a case of coke & bottled water in our snorkel gear bag as well!

Not a single person stopped us anywhere. We astuclly carried the carry-on from arkansas to FLL & bought the coke & water there! Even the airlines didn't bother with us. That case went through all the security & x-ray machines!

Celebrity does not actually bother with wine since their wine selection is limited & they recognize people prefer to drink their faves.

On all of our Celebrity cruises we have done this & never once been stopped or bothered! We have also carried a bottle or 2 or 3 back on board from ports in our backpacks which are also x-rayed without incident!

Take from our experience what you will, it's all true facts according to OUR experiences!

Rosie

I'm sure it's probably going to make some more people mad & upset, but.... We did the Summit 10 nighter this past February. We carried a rolling carry-on full of nothing but Rum, Vodka, Champagne & Wine! We had a case of coke & bottled water in our snorkel gear bag as well!

Not a single person stopped us anywhere. We actually carried the carry-on from Arkansas to FLL & bought the coke & water there! Even the airlines didn't bother with us. That case went through all the security & x-ray machines!

Celebrity does not actually bother with wine since their wine selection is limited & they recognize people prefer to drink their faves.

On all of our Celebrity cruises we have done this & never once been stopped or bothered! We have also carried a bottle or 2 or 3 back on board from ports in our backpacks which are also x-rayed without incident!

Take from our experience what you will, it's all true fact according to OUR experiences!

Rosie

Archived