Serenade balcony room?

New here. I am going to book a room on Serenade for when it comes back to New Orleans and have a few questions. There will be three of us and a balcony room code D1 says it has "Stateroom has third Pullman bed available"

What exactly does this mean? Is it a pull out couch bed like in a motel (very uncomfortable) or is it a real bed that folds down from the wall? Is it comfortable and does anyone have any pictures?

Is there a preference on what side of the ship to get? We don't smoke and wonder if the balcony will be smoky from others? We have cruised before but not with a balcony. Is it extremely windy out there? What will the weather like in January out of NOLA? Thanks ahead of time!

Our first cruise, I don't mean to date us, was on the Song of America. Anybody remember that one?

New here. I am going to book a room on Serenade for when it comes back to New Orleans and have a few questions. There will be three of us and a balcony room code D1 says it has "Stateroom has third Pullman bed available"

What exactly does this mean? Is it a pull out couch bed like in a motel (very uncomfortable) or is it a real bed that folds down from the wall? Is it comfortable and does anyone have any pictures?

Is there a preference on what side of the ship to get? We don't smoke and wonder if the balcony will be smoky from others? We have cruised before but not with a balcony. Is it extremely windy out there? What will the weather like in January out of NOLA? Thanks ahead of time!

Our first cruise, I don't mean to date us, was on the Song of America. Anybody remember that one?

A pullman bed comes own from the ceiling. There is a small ladder to climb to get into the pullman. The stateroom attendant will extend the bed and set up the ladder each evening and put it all away in the morning. Many people say the pullman is more comfortable than the sleeper sofa.

Archived