Penthouse on Celebrity Millunnium

cseal94

I hope this person doesn't mind me sharing their link...

The description on the first photo is what I was referring to. It did seem strange but then these are the photos of someone who has stayed in that suite (I'm unable to / can't afford to speak from experience) :D

This photograph was taken down the stairs during a Panama Canal transit on Infinity.

Sue

CIMG7719.jpg.3a41a7120ff8123dac6a8b6b49807408.jpg

I hope this person doesn't mind me sharing their link...

The description on the first photo is what I was referring to. It did seem strange but then these are the photos of someone who has stayed in that suite (I'm unable to / can't afford to speak from experience) :D

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=F6FE23A6E5A9EC3F&id=F6FE23A6E5A9EC3F%211868#cid=F6FE23A6E5A9EC3F&id=F6FE23A6E5A9EC3F%211874

Yes there are stairs there. They do not lead to the dining room, even tho they appear to. They are stairs used by maintenance only. Not accessible to guests.

Those of you that have had Nelson as your butler, do you know if he is also the butler for the Royal Suites and if he's still on the ship? We sail on Millie next month in RS 6135. We've been in a Sky Suite before, but this will be the first for a RS. We've also got the connecting CC room for our kids and my mom. So can't wait!

He was our Butler in a RS on Millie, but I don't remember the cabin number.

I saw a photo that someone had taken of the penthouse balcony and it showed stairs going down to the main dining room. I've only been on Millennium once and I can't recall seeing any doors right at the back of the ship into the dining room... so where do the stairs lead to? :)

I think that is Texed's secret stairway to the waffle station. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

A question about those stairs on the PH balcony. Are they used often by the crew? We booked the Summit and I was wondering if this was an issue.

I also saw Nelson mentioned several times in the thread. I would assume that this is the same Nelson that was on the Reflection last week. He was great.

Edited by cruisingator2

Just don't sunbathe topless, as one person did on one of our cruises. We were right above them in an aft on 7, but they put on quite a show for everyone straight up to the top.

Your balcony is NOT private unless you are near the door out.

A question about those stairs on the PH balcony. Are they used often by the crew? We booked the Summit and I was wondering if this was an issue.

The stairs are probably used by crew to carryout maintentance on the balcony, clean windows, etc but we did not see them used. [When in a RS once, our butler brought along a maintenance guy and requested permission to use the door to our balcony to do maintenance work outside. The stair would avoid the need to walk through the suite.]

However, I believe that they are primarily a fire escape route. The signs point up the stairs and through the divider to the balcony of the Sky Suite next door.

In the Panama Canal, you can look down the stairs at the crew members working down one level but that is the only time I have seen anyone down there.

Edited by Project_gal

I also saw Nelson mentioned several times in the thread. I would assume that this is the same Nelson that was on the Reflection last week. He was great.

On our seven night cruise on the Infinity I only saw someone down there once, and I never saw them on the balcony.

We also booked 6147 on the Summit for this Dec 2014.

Happy cruising!

We have had the PH on Infinity, Millie, and Summit and have only heard people down the stairs one time. It is primarily a service stairway, not used often and an emergency route. Don't worry. Enjoy the PH. Again, the only problem we ever had, is that it is very difficult not to book it again and again and again. It is an incredible experience

We were in the Penthouse on the Summit a few months ago. Many things went wrong - they lost all of our luggage and dragged us around the ship in a futile attempt to locate them - that when I realized late at night that we had no mini bar or even a bottle of water (that I would have paid for, as with any cabin) I was very annoyed. I wrote a note - no response, I called the Hotel Director - and someone from his staff arranged some soda, water and beer at their expense. We used very little of it, but I appreciated the gesture, although for what we paid for that suite, it should be standard.

That is odd. You are supposed to receive a bar set up with two liters of booze and related mixers. The penthouse and RS get them.

We were in the Penthouse on the Summit a few months ago. Many things went wrong - they lost all of our luggage and dragged us around the ship in a futile attempt to locate them - that when I realized late at night that we had no mini bar or even a bottle of water (that I would have paid for, as with any cabin) I was very annoyed. I wrote a note - no response, I called the Hotel Director - and someone from his staff arranged some soda, water and beer at their expense. We used very little of it, but I appreciated the gesture, although for what we paid for that suite, it should be standard.

No minibar? The Penthouse on M-Class ships has an actual kitchen with a full sized refrigerator! You sure you stayed in the Penthouse?

• 1 year later...
I saw a photo that someone had taken of the penthouse balcony and it showed stairs going down to the main dining room. I've only been on Millennium once and I can't recall seeing any doors right at the back of the ship into the dining room... so where do the stairs lead to? Very curious! :)

They lead to the main dining room back door 1st floor Deck 4

They lead to the main dining room back door 1st floor Deck 4

Actually, you do not have access to the dining room. The stairs lead to maintenance rooms or something. It's closed off for staff only.

The rooms is great, loved the balcony, we spent our entire cruise on the balcony watching Alaska sail by. Our bathtub didn't work very well, at one point we had no hot water, but we just had a bath on the balcony instead. Lol

Also how are suite guest treated on the land part of cruisetours? Do they get special treatment or perks? We are booked on a 6 night pre-cruise tour. Thanks for any insight.

FWIW: We did a pre and post with X at the CS level and it did seem like, because we were CS we had a different level of hotel rooms at least in some cases. On the front end, when we went to check in the gal said if we wanted to wait for the room we could get a better room, we waited! It was a huge mulit room suite with two full baths, a great dining area and bar area, etc, etc. During the post at a couple of hotels when handed keys we (and a few others) were in a different 'section' of the hotel than others. I'm not sure what 'real' difference there were in those rooms but I don't think it was much. So bottom line, I think there is a difference, this was an Alaska cruise/trip.

FWIW: We did a pre and post with X at the CS level and it did seem like, because we were CS we had a different level of hotel rooms at least in some cases. On the front end, when we went to check in the gal said if we wanted to wait for the room we could get a better room, we waited! It was a huge mulit room suite with two full baths, a great dining area and bar area, etc, etc. During the post at a couple of hotels when handed keys we (and a few others) were in a different 'section' of the hotel than others. I'm not sure what 'real' difference there were in those rooms but I don't think it was much. So bottom line, I think there is a difference, this was an Alaska cruise/trip.

We are cruising Alaska this May with a 6 night post cruise tour. We originally had booked a CS but the $4,000. difference between an aft Aqua for 7 nights didn't make sense to us when we were told by the Celebrity Alaska desk - that there would be no difference in our accommodations on the tour. So we switched to the aft cabin, saved $4,000 and will try out the CS on Infinity when we cruise 15 nights Panama Canal in 2017. I'm not disputing your experience but just relaying what we were told to expect.

We did a pre-cruise land tour in Alaska in 2014. We had the PH suite on our cruise and received no special treatment or service on the land portion of our trip. Our hotel rooms were all the same. We had a wonderful time, and the service and attention we received was excellent, but no different than anyone else on the land tour

We did a pre-cruise land tour in Alaska in 2014. We had the PH suite on our cruise and received no special treatment or service on the land portion of our trip. Our hotel rooms were all the same. We had a wonderful time, and the service and attention we received was excellent, but no different than anyone else on the land tour

Actually, you do not have access to the dining room. The stairs lead to maintenance rooms or something. It's closed off for staff only.

The rooms is great, loved the balcony, we spent our entire cruise on the balcony watching Alaska sail by. Our bathtub didn't work very well, at one point we had no hot water, but we just had a bath on the balcony instead. Lol

I was on the Millennium in the Port Side Penthouse in 2007 (cabin 6147) and I opened that gate and went down the stairs two decks and came in the back of the dining room. Maybe they blocked it off since.