Belize beach day

jay588

We will be on the Carnival dream in a little over a week and we are wanting to do a beach day while we are in Belize.

I am a little confused on how to go about this. I have read stuff about Bannister Island, but not sure if we have to book something or do we just go? Are there any other beaches?

We are just wanting to relax maybe get lunch and drink a little. But we would also like to be able to leave whenever and not have a set schedule when we need to be there and leave. Does anyone have any suggestions on what we should do.

My GF and I are sailing the Carnival Conquest in Sept and are trying to figure out the same thing.

It is my understanding that this is one of the only beach options for Belize. I am seeing conflicting things on how nice the beach is (excursion reviews through CCL are not great) I have heard that the beach is rough and water shoes are a Good idea.

There are really no beaches that cannot be reached by boat. I would suggest Bannister Island if you just want a beach day..The food is not so hot , but the Belikin beer is good , and there are beach chairs and all..There is a lot of shell in the water, but not really a big deal if you take some shoes..We were there in March a year ago.

sany1961.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sany1977z.jpg

sany1987r.jpg

Goff's Caye has a nice beach. Very small island and the food is suppose to be good. There are excursions out to Goff's Caye.

Caye Caulker has a beach but it's not a wide beach at all. Good place to visit, eat, and shop.

I don't know much about Bannister.

Do we need to book an excursion to Bannister Island or can we just go on our own and take a water taxi then just find a spot on the beach?

I believe most lines offer an excursion to bannister - you can book it directly through CCL -

Archived