Radiance - Alaska viewing spots

narsibvl

The helipad is a great spot, but be warned that it gets very crowded. I got out over an hour beforehand and there were at least 50 people already there. By the time we went to our suite to see it from our balcony there easily 150-200 and people were pretty aggressive about getting up to the front.

You cannot stand on the benches. They have security out there and will not allow any standing on benches, rails...etc.

After the whole thing was done I decided I wouldn't fight the crowd for that spot again. Anywhere on deck gets you an amazing view, plus the ship does a 360, so the entire ship gets a look regardless of where you are. Some of my best pictures came from spots other than the helipad.

Approaching the glacier

u3egy5yr.jpg

Up close

anevaqub.jpg

Calving!

epe6ynam.jpg

It's cold of course, but RC is there to help you get warm with a $7 cup of hot chocolate!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Guess I should have said you can stand on the benches for a short period of time. They do ask you to get off of them, but did get a couple of pictures. :D You got some great pictures.

Just been checking the deck plans for the Radiance and want to make sure I've got this right - the helipad is on Deck 6, but you can't access it directly. It looks like you need to go to the Promenade on Deck 5 and climb some stairs to get to it - does that sound correct?

I know we can go and explore the ship on our first day and find this out for ourselves, but just wanted to get a good idea of where we would be going before we board.

Archived