Belize Excursions/Questions

CandWDiva

Hola! We leave Sat. on The Sea. Thanks to you guys, I think MOST of my questions have been answered.

I think we've got our excursions all booked, but I'm going to once again turn to y'all for any other information.

There are five people in my family. Me, hubby and three girls, 15, 16 & 17. The oldest, K, is fearless. Middle, L, and youngest, C, not so much. :o The only excursion we're all doing together is the Playa Mia Deluxe Beach Break in Cozumel.

In Belize, hubby and K are doing Shark Ray Alley and Town Sightseeing Tour. I've read a couple of different people talk about the strong currents, drifting towards propellers, etc. This concerns me a little, but trying not to let it.

Meanwhile, L, C and I will be doing the Catamaran Snorkel - Rendezvous Key Beach Break. I was told by NCL that this would give us about a full hour of snorkeling. Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone know something fun, safe and inexpensive we can do when we get back (approx. 11:30 - 12:00) and still be back on the ship in plenty of time? I'm a little anxious about the time change thing I've read about. :eek:

In Roatan, L, C & I are going to Gumbalimba Park. This is the only one I really requested. Yes, I'm just a big kid at heart. While we're playing with the monkeys, hubby & K will be doing the West Bay Kayak & Snorkel. Does anyone know if these are one or two person kayaks? How much actual snorkeling time?

In Cozumel, we're going to "wing it" somewhat. We'll be catching the ferry and going to Isla Mujures (however you spell it). No real plan, but not worried about not having anything to do.

If anyone's done ANY of this, I'd appreciate any and all feedback, please.

Thanks so much!!!

TLuv

Re: Cozumel

I think winging it there is fine BUT your plan to go to Isla de Mujeres may be a little too ambitious.

Because:

1. you will have to take the ferry from Cozumel to Playa Del Carmen

2. Then you will have to take a bus to Cancun (a taxi would be VERY expensive - they are not that close)

3. Then you would have to take a ferry from Cancun to Isla de Mujeres

4. To get back to Cozumel you would have to reverse the entire process

So - you would be spending the whole day on ferries and buses

Instead I recommend going to one of the beaches on Cozumel or (if you snorkel) to the snorkeling spot at Dzul Ha on Cozumel

Although I have been to the area from Playa Del Carmen south a couple of times I have not actually been to Cancun (except the airport). However I have a friend who has been there (a few years ago) and she says that you should not have any problem getting from Cancun to Isla de Mujeres (which they loved BTW). She says when she was there the ferries were fairly frequent - just bring a watch and NEVER take the ferry back that is closest to when you have to be back at the ship - always allow yourself more time than you think you need to get back to the cruiseship.

Archived