Celebrity silhouette transatlantic review April 2013

Barnos

Hi Brenda! Yes it was a great cruise, thanks for being one of the people that made it so, hope to sail with you again someday!

Thank you both for including me as your surrogate mother for happy hour and Deb's dining partner!

Hope your trips home went smoothly.

Barbara Mc

Thank you both for including me as your surrogate mother for happy hour and Deb's dining partner!

Hope your trips home went smoothly.

Barbara Mc

Hi Barbara, I was going to email you this week. It was a busy week back and this weekend is a holiday for us. You were a wonderful surrogate cruise Mom. My following cruise was great but I wish you could have met my family. We were late getting home as both our flights were delayed. I also did a job on my ear and am only starting to feel better from that. I don't care for flying, glad I don't do it often. Bruce and I are talking cruises for next year, with both of us!

Hi Barbara, I was going to email you this week. It was a busy week back and this weekend is a holiday for us. You were a wonderful surrogate cruise Mom. My following cruise was great but I wish you could have met my family. We were late getting home as both our flights were delayed. I also did a job on my ear and am only starting to feel better from that. I don't care for flying, glad I don't do it often. Bruce and I are talking cruises for next year, with both of us!

Glad to hear that the second leg was good! email me when you get a chance.

• 2 years later...
Wow.

We were on the same cruise and had a FANTASTIC time. In fact, when the comment cards came around, I did not have one negative thing to say!

Honestly, your complaints seem very picky and minor. I had understood that in lieu of champagne on boarding, when one's hands are full of carryon baggage, they offered the champagne at the Captain's Welcome Toast, a much more appropriate time.

No weather report? Hardly earth-shattering. The wrong drink? Again, a minor language difficulty. I did not see one serious issue in your whole post, and in fact I think it's nitpicking complaints like yours that make the cruiselines disregard most of these letters and miss some actual serious flaws. And when you send a complaint to management referring to your 'crews', I doubt they will take you very seriously!

I couldn't have asked for a better crew, service, or vacation experience. I'm sorry you had such a miserable trip--better luck next time.

Oh, and one night I asked for wine and the waiter brought me a martini. . .oh well, ship happens!

Firstly, thanks to all who took the trouble to reply to my post back in 2013.. the problem is this message board is so archaic in its approach and technology I wasn't aware anyone had replied...:confused:

Secondly, let me apologies for my spelling of cruise (Crews) as I am mildly blessed with the gift of dyslexia I use DragonDictate software hence cruise, can easily become crews.. my dyslexic tendencies make me the world's worst proofreader (I will apologize for any silly typos in this response – I'm sure there will be some).

[RANT 1]For those of you who are interested, and particularly any spelling evangelists out there – I've worked in IT since I was 16, I'm now 58 – I seen the evolution of software – and hardware in many ways. I quickly discovered that computers have no innate intelligence, absolutely none, they are capable of nothing (until they are programmed).. and yet, what is the first truly useful thing that they learn to do – spellcheck? A famous dyslexic once wrote, that spelling is a circus trick that most of the world happens to be able to do, it is absolutely NOT a measure of intelligence or care, or attention to detail. The world is full of truly brilliant people who cannot spell at all, indeed in my personal experience, people who obsess about spelling, frequently lack creativity, originality and in that sense true intelligence. [Rant Over]

[RANT 2 - Regarding my original "complaint"] .. my point was, we had been SO impressed with our first two sailings on Equinox, it was such a disappointment to witness so many admittedly "minor" issues with our experience on Silhouette (although, I still can't get over the fact that a member of staff positively argued with me about the fact that she had brought completely the wrong cocktail!).. I really do not like conflict so, surely that was pretty poor by anyone's standards.

The experience didn't put is off Celebrity – indeed it was interesting to hear the other people did not notice any lowering of standards – perhaps we were just unlucky! Our next booking is on Eclipse and I am looking forward to it and really hope that I can write a really positive review... but fear that will be probably on one of the more modern forums or groups out there.

Happy CREWSing everyone :)

Firstly, thanks to all who took the trouble to reply to my post back in 2013.. the problem is this message board is so archaic in its approach and technology I wasn't aware anyone had replied...:confused:

Secondly, let me apologies for my spelling of cruise (Crews) as I am mildly blessed with the gift of dyslexia I use DragonDictate software hence cruise, can easily become crews.. my dyslexic tendencies make me the world's worst proofreader (I will apologize for any silly typos in this response – I'm sure there will be some).

[RANT 1]For those of you who are interested, and particularly any spelling evangelists out there – I've worked in IT since I was 16, I'm now 58 – I seen the evolution of software – and hardware in many ways. I quickly discovered that computers have no innate intelligence, absolutely none, they are capable of nothing (until they are programmed).. and yet, what is the first truly useful thing that they learn to do – spellcheck? A famous dyslexic once wrote, that spelling is a circus trick that most of the world happens to be able to do, it is absolutely NOT a measure of intelligence or care, or attention to detail. The world is full of truly brilliant people who cannot spell at all, indeed in my personal experience, people who obsess about spelling, frequently lack creativity, originality and in that sense true intelligence. [Rant Over]

[RANT 2 - Regarding my original "complaint"] .. my point was, we had been SO impressed with our first two sailings on Equinox, it was such a disappointment to witness so many admittedly "minor" issues with our experience on Silhouette (although, I still can't get over the fact that a member of staff positively argued with me about the fact that she had brought completely the wrong cocktail!).. I really do not like conflict so, surely that was pretty poor by anyone's standards.

The experience didn't put is off Celebrity – indeed it was interesting to hear the other people did not notice any lowering of standards – perhaps we were just unlucky! Our next booking is on Eclipse and I am looking forward to it and really hope that I can write a really positive review... but fear that will be probably on one of the more modern forums or groups out there.

Happy CREWSing everyone :)

Hmmm! In retrospect, I think if it took you three YEARS to reply, there definitely is an issue! Are you aware that you can go into the control panel (User CP) and set up notifications for responses to your posts? I don't do this personally, as I check the boards on a frequent basis, but I know it is possible.

I too dictate many of my posts, emails, texts, etc. Voice recognition is a wonderful thing but it has miles to go in terms of accuracy. I have to proofread and correct constantly so I feel your pain.

Best of luck on your upcoming cruise. For what it's worth, we have had welcome champagne on our subsequent cruises so you may luck out this time as well.