Onboard Credits and reservations

I booked my Oasis of the Seas cruise via a "big box store" that will remain nameless. As part of the booking I was given onboard credit. I am aware it will be free to use once I get on board.

I am in the process of make various reservations and of course a credit card is needed to reserve a time at certain dinning venues. I thought I was going to use my onboard credit to pay for these dinners. Then I read the follow on the RCL webpage it states:

*In order to redeem onboard credit, items must be booked/purchase onboard via your SeaPass account. Onboard activities reserved on royalcaribbean.com cannot be paid with onboard credits.

So am I understanding correctly that if I want my shipboard credits to cover my extra meals, I will have to wait to make reservations? It has been a long week at work so perhaps I am misunderstanding.

As always... thanks

I booked my Oasis of the Seas cruise via a "big box store" that will remain nameless. As part of the booking I was given onboard credit. I am aware it will be free to use once I get on board.

I am in the process of make various reservations and of course a credit card is needed to reserve a time at certain dinning venues. I thought I was going to use my onboard credit to pay for these dinners. Then I read the follow on the RCL webpage it states:

*In order to redeem onboard credit, items must be booked/purchase onboard via your SeaPass account. Onboard activities reserved on royalcaribbean.com cannot be paid with onboard credits.

So am I understanding correctly that if I want my shipboard credits to cover my extra meals, I will have to wait to make reservations? It has been a long week at work so perhaps I am misunderstanding.

As always... thanks

Nope, you did not misunderstand. In order to use onboard credit, you must wait until you are onboard to book dining, excursions, etc.

I appreciate the clarification.

I was just curious about how that all worked. I have never been awarded onboard credit. I have gone places where a credit card was needed to reserve a spot but you had a choice of how to pay when you arrive.

I may just use the credits for internet and a drink package. I worry a little about waiting to make dinner and shore excursion reservations.

Thanks again : )

Archived