Port of New Orleans

Lucyw

Is there any where else to park your car while on a cruise out of this port?

NCL charges $18/day.

I will pay that if I have to.

Thank you,

Lucy

One time I parked at cruise terminal and all other times took advantage of hotels "park and cruise" deals where you leave your car at hotel parking and are shuttled back and forth.

THIS forum featuring gulf coast departures offers numerous other suggestions..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414

NCL doesn't have any parking in New Orleans? The "whale lot" is very close to the NCL terminal and recently was $16 per day. There are several other choice with a few blocks. As suggest go over to the Gulf Coast departures and you sill see several choices.

NCL does not charge anything. The cruise terminal is run by the city. Somewhat expensive, but a few pluses:

You drive right up and unload your bags, then go park. Your walk back to elevators will not be long, nor your walk to the ship. Rather slick and easy. Also, with exception of top deck, the parking is all covered, and rather secure as it is only used by people cruising.

I would not do any nearby lots to save a a few bucks a day, but if you can find something lots better, than go for it.

In this pic, you can see a ship tied up right next to the parking garage - though it looks like a surface lot here

Want to see something funny? If you zoom in and out, you will see the cars on the top deck disappear.

Looks like they did not like my short link from google maps. Will try again.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=new+orleans+cruise+terminal&hl=en&ll=29.940181,-90.062281&spn=0.004611,0.006834&sll=35.830521,-85.978599&sspn=2.208899,3.499146&hq=cruise+terminal&hnear=New+Orleans,+Orleans,+Louisiana&t=h&z=17

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived