Debarkation Day- How long can you stay on the Inspiration?

Ok - the more I read about debarkation day - the more I think people are being herded down a long and crowded path. Does everyone have to meet early in the morning, or is there time to enjoy coffee on the deck?

Its really not that bad, I think its seems worse because it signals the end of the cruise and people dont want to return to reality :) Yes you can have coffee, they do ask you to allow your room steward to clean and prepare your room for the next passengers. Normally the last people leave the ship around 10:30.

The last day of our cruise we took our waiter's advice and had breakfast in the dining room. It was way more relaxed and less crowded then the buffett. Everyone seemed to congregate in certain areas, mainly around the pool and lido buffet area waiting to be called. We took a deck of cards and found a quiet spot and spent the last few hours enjoying ourselves (we were the last colour to be called).

Thanks for the breakfast tip, that is a really good idea. We will have some time to spare, since we are not leaving Tampa until the middle of the afternoon.

Do you have to leave when your color is called, or can you just hang out until 10:00? :o

Thanks for the breakfast tip, that is a really good idea. We will have some time to spare, since we are not leaving Tampa until the middle of the afternoon.

Do you have to leave when your color is called, or can you just hang out until 10:00? :o

No, you dont have to leave when your color is called.

We just got back from Inspiration on 6/16, and it was different than I remember on our Fantasy cruise. They called for everybody to go to their designated areas around 9 am, after we had a leisurely breakfast in the dining room practically alone while the herded masses were standing in LONG lines on all the stairs and in the hallways waiting to go to their designated areas! The deadline to be out of your room and to the designated area was 9 I think, and we left our stuff in one room while we went to the dining room about 8, then after breakfast, we used the room to relax a few minutes and use the bathroom and then at nearly 9 we went ahead and got our stuff and got in the herding line which was instructed at that time to go to the area which we were lucky ours was the Lido deck poolside! Then we sat there and lounged on chairs poolside while we waited, and instead of calling colors to leave, they just said we were all free to go...or maybe that was the announcement WE heard on deck, but the wait wasn't too bad and the line to get off the ship was moving pretty good, so we just had to go down a flight or two and we were off. Flowed better than I remember on Fantasy, but instead of trying to be the first people up and to breakfast, we slept til 7, went to breakfast at 8 and left our things in one room so they could clean the others, and were back before 9am disembarkment time. Don't rush to get to your designated area for your color...your just rushing to go somewhere to sit and think about how depressing it is to leave! (Remember, last to go in and sit is also first to leave=nearest the door!!) Stay in the dining room until you have to leave, and DO eat in the dining room...I think everybody who eats there on the last day is usually gone by 8, and like the other person said, most try to go to the buffet to hurry, but why rush to leave? I don't think you can hang out on the ship too long, and besides, there's NOTHING to do but sit...everything is getting ready for the new passengers that will be coming on in like 2 hours! It's amazing the turn-around time and how hard and fast they work on the ships, isn't it?

Archived