Sailing from NO on Conquest 7/3 Port question

hogfan1

We are coming to NO on the 30th and are staying at a B & B until we sail on that Sunday. We have some questions about the Port of NO and where to leave our car. We have heard that the construction is bad, but we want our car to be safe. Any ideas? Is it best to leave car at B&B and take a taxi to the port? I am afraid there would be a LONG wait when we get back into port if we take a taxi. I have learned that to park there is $12 a day, payable in cash, up front. No problem, but I am just wondering about timing, when is it best to get there. If we don't arrive until mid afternoon, will there still be parking spaces? Also, any info about cabin 8387 from anyone would be great! Thanks;)

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that our Roll Call thread is located here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=139928&page=1&pp=25if you would like to come join us. I'm sorry I can't help you with your question this will be our 1st cruise. I'm sure Saymyname & nybumpkin would be able to help you out on the other thread. Hope to see you there!

There are several parking lots nearby. One is the parking garage of the Hilton Hotel. You can drop the passengers off with the luggage and the driver can simply walk back to the cruise terminal. Ask your B&B for directions and ideas on parking as well.

Yes traffic is heavy with up to approximately 5300 passengers coming and another 5300 passengers leaving each Sunday. However in the end everyone gets to the airport and to their cruise vessel on time.

IF the folks at the B&B will agree to let you leave your car there, I think it would be the best idea.

Assuming you are staying in the Garden District, and that there are two of you, the cab fare will be $7pp to the terminal. That would be only $28 total R/T in cab fare, as opposed to $84 parking fees for the week....and far less hassle.

That is, IF the B&B will let you leave your car there. Parking is usually sparse at all N.O. B&Bs, so they may not have the space, but I'd sure check with them to see.

Hi Hogfan! Check the New Orleans posts under "Ports"; there are a number of items about parking (afraid none of it sounds easy, though). There's a company called Machu Picchu that has a parking lot and transport to the pier - sounds promising. Please join our roll call when you have a chance!

Archived