Cozumel Dolphin Experience

Gilly's Daughter

We did both the Dolphin Encounter and the Dolphin Swim at Cozumel. It was a few years ago, but I do remember a few things.

We booked the excursion directly with Dolphin Discovery people online. It was cheaper than booking it through RCI even with hiring the taxi on our own.

http://www. dolphindiscovery. com/cozumel/cozumel-location-overview.asp

(without the spaces)

Kids under the age of 3 were free... and still are if they're under 3' tall (that's a weird rule)

When we had gone, RCI didn't offer any of the dolphin things for kids under the age of 8... I don't know whether this has changed... but we booked online primarily because of this. The free kid and the younger ones being able to do it was a huge plus.

scanned15.jpg

scannedu.jpg

I love Chankanaab... I got my SCUBA diving certification there when I was a teenager... 23+ years ago. There's a great restaurant there that served authentic Mexican food, and the Dolphin Discovery thing has a decent burger stand.

I fell in love with ceviche (think fish salsa) in Cozumel. Always get it whenever we're there but now I can enjoy it with a cerveza!

207250_1027541697956_2089_n.jpg

217721_1027541737957_2346_n.jpg

Archived