Marco polo on board tariff charges

parthia

hi, been a while since I last requested some help-this time it relates to the DRINKS tariff on board the MARCO POLO which my dearly beloved and I will be spending hopefully a great and happy time aboard her from Tilbury during August.

Also as an afterthought what will be the electrical socket used on board her?

Further more some advice on the "compulsory" tipping required-can anyone get round that-in past cruises it has always been discresionary according the crew's ability to serve in a good and proper way-there would earn a good tip!-kind regards

We got back today from the Norwegian Fjords trip and it was lovely. Bar prices are about the same you would pay at home. Why would you want to get round the tipping... if you think about it you are getting almost 24hr attention, waiters, cabin staff, entertainers, cooks, cleaners. They all work jolly hard for us to enjoy ourselves. Personally, I think it is a small price to pay. You will need a 2 pin European Plug.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Meldreth thanks for the advice regarding tipping-yes we agree the crew do work 24 hours around the clock-but we only tip if the cabin crew and waiters deserve my gratuity by giving ME service rather than an imposed tipping culture-thanks for the tip regarding the plug pin used.

One other query if possible can anyone quote the cost of shore excursions on the Fjord cruise at FLAM OLDEN and BERGEN.an on-line excursion site quotes £75 each for OLDEN and FLAM and a £20 "rover ticket" at BERGEN.

Must admit I am personally against tipping although I tend to tip generously. In my opinion everyone should be paid a decent wage and that should be reflected in the price of the cruise. Singling some employees for tipping whilst those in other roles get nothing doesn't seem right to me either, and as for excellent service, you should get that all the time not just because there is an incentive of a tip. The incentive should be keeping the job.

As we are booked on the 6 week Amazon cruise any information about the Marco Polo is welcome !

hi Cannockfrodo-We are on the Norwegian Fjord on the 16th August from Tilbury and looking forward to it although the wife has since been informed that is could be a little cool by past cruisers-what does anyone think?-

Will it be overcoats for 9 days or will be shorts and bikinis every day!!?

Archived