Breeze Review with Pics 5/11-5/19

reganr3

Just off the Breeze yesterday morning! We had a great trip...yes there were a couple mishaps or things we didn't like but your vacation is what you make of it! So on that note, I will be pointing out both the good and the not so good. Just MY personal experience. I'm not a professional writer and this is my first real review so if it doesn't all flow...I apologize.

My husband, son (10), and I drove into Miami from NC. It was a long drive so we decided to go a little out of the way and stop in Disney for 2 days. We stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club-Parc Soliel which might I add was exceptional!

1369098759057.jpg.1fc138a85bcabf191b2c00135d7cc991.jpg

We arrived in Miami on Friday and stayed at the Hampton Inn Miami Brickell...I booked the room with my HH points so it was FREE! :) Room was nice...we had a view overlooking the pool. We ventured to the Bayside Marketplace via the metro that was across the street from the hotel. It's a free transportation system that worked out great for us. We never felt unsafe at all even when we got lost and took the wrong train in the wrong direction on the way back to the hotel. Bayside was so much fun! They had live music, we walked around with our drinks and went to Bubba Gump for Dinner. We were supposed to meet up with the cc group but never got a chance to. (my husband and son were hungry earlier). I do wish we would have tried a different restaurant tho there were so many choices! After we finally made it back to the hotel we used our drink coupons we decided to take a dip in the pool. We met some really great people who were leaving on the Liberty in the morning. Breakfast the next morning was included and was ok...typical Hampton breakfast. I would most definitely stay here again!

1369098995855.jpg.887edd20e1b9c6d70b64d5425251b459.jpg

1369098281612.jpg.a24fe72fc6afc87da8268dd458a8e732.jpg

1369098673655.jpg.9859e7e1c4292826e618404ef803ba24.jpg

1369098720699.jpg.b83b6c942d94da95c6c0d80925668c83.jpg

1369098899537.jpg.4bb84e11fe1bb040e8e65d310803be2d.jpg

1369098952535.jpg.f5b003685333a381282d60ab5a41630a.jpg

We booked our parking with Safe Cruise Parking it was $68.72 for all 8 days. I would highly recommend them. We arrived early to park around 10:15 immediately there was a shuttle to drop us off at port. We checked our luggage and breezed right thru check in...no lines at all! We got a zone 4 boarding card and we were called very shortly after VIP/FTTF. We did wait a little in the terminal but that was only to be expected since we arrived so early. I'd say we were on the ship by 11:30.

1369099851019.jpg.323953cbff3beabb9d2957830e697f04.jpg

We headed to the Blue Iguana, I had a beef and a fish taco my husband and son both got burritos...they were good but we never made it back during the week.

We explored the ship for awhile because we were told our rooms wouldn't be ready until 1:30 no big deal. Around 1:45 we went to our room...it still wasn't ready. This was a little bit if a disappointment because we were surprising our son with a balcony cabin. He thought we were getting an inside cabin and I had envisioned a nicely cleaned room with the bed made but instead there were sheets everywhere and a mattress tossed on the floor. Still not a deal breaker...I was just expecting different. Someone in the hall said they are running a little late due to an immigration inspection and to come back later...nothing else said. Later we found out this was our room steward. Around 2:30 we came back to the room and it was done...well not really...the floors were not vacuumed and there was sand from the previous occupants everywhere. I pressed the Room Steward button but it just rang...no answer. I decided this would be the perfect time to enjoy a glass of wine on our balcony with my husband. I asked him to open 1 of our 2 bottles and he said "I didn't put them in the carry on...I put it in the checked luggage." I told him there's no way were getting them they are going to confiscate them...or they are going to be broken and we are going to have red wine stained clothes for the entire cruise! Low and behold the luggage arrived with both wine bottles intact! :D We asked the very nice man delivering our luggage if he by any chance knew how else we could get in touch with our cabin steward because we needed the floor cleaned. He said he did not but he would be right back. He actually came back with a vacuum and did it himself! Of course we tipped him after that...totally not expected.

1369100145419.jpg.ce8d026cdd5ca9de31aa323b516bf27e.jpg

1369099820367.jpg.a743ba4cd5e907ef25dd9e10915cb5c6.jpg

Just off the Breeze yesterday morning! We had a great trip...yes there were a couple mishaps or things we didn't like but your vacation is what you make of it! So on that note, I will be pointing out both the good and the not so good. Just MY personal experience. I'm not a professional writer and this is my first real review so if it doesn't all flow...I apologize.

My husband, son (10), and I drove into Miami from NC. It was a long drive so we decided to go a little out of the way and stop in Disney for 2 days. We stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club-Parc Soliel which might I add was exceptional!

[ATTACH]271965[/ATTACH][ATTACH]271968[/ATTACH][ATTACH]271969[/ATTACH][ATTACH]271970[/ATTACH]

We arrived in Miami on Friday and stayed at the Hampton Inn Miami Brickell...I booked the room with my HH points so it was FREE! :) Room was nice...we had a view overlooking the pool. We ventured to the Bayside Marketplace via the metro that was across the street from the hotel. It's a free transportation system that worked out great for us. We never felt unsafe at all even when we got lost and took the wrong train in the wrong direction on the way back to the hotel. Bayside was so much fun! They had live music, we walked around with our drinks and went to Bubba Gump for Dinner. We were supposed to meet up with the cc group but never got a chance to. (my husband and son were hungry earlier). I do wish we would have tried a different restaurant tho there were so many choices! After we finally made it back to the hotel we used our drink coupons we decided to take a dip in the pool. We met some really great people who were leaving on the Liberty in the morning. Breakfast the next morning was included and was ok...typical Hampton breakfast. I would most definitely stay here again!

[ATTACH]271971[/ATTACH][ATTACH]271972[/ATTACH][ATTACH]271973[/ATTACH]

I need to subscribe now so I don't miss anything. I'll be staying at the Hampton Brickell in October. I just hate I couldn't get my rate pre-cruise, but I got it post cruise.

I'm doing this same itinerary; I'm assuming you did GT, DR, Curacao, and Aruba.

I need to subscribe now so I don't miss anything. I'll be staying at the Hampton Brickell in October. I just hate I couldn't get my rate pre-cruise' date=' but I got it post cruise.

I'm doing this same itinerary; I'm assuming you did GT, DR, Curacao, and Aruba.[/quote']

Yes I'm so sorry I should have said which itinerary it was.

We booked our parking with Safe Cruise Parking it was $68.72 for all 8 days. I would highly recommend them. We arrived early to park around 10:15 immediately there was a shuttle to drop us off at port. We checked our luggage and breezed right thru check in...no lines at all! We got a zone 4 boarding card and we were called very shortly after VIP/FTTF. We did wait a little in the terminal but that was only to be expected since we arrived so early. I'd say we were on the ship by 11:30.

[ATTACH]271976[/ATTACH][ATTACH]271977[/ATTACH]

We headed to the Blue Iguana, I had a beef and a fish taco my husband and son both got burritos...they were good but we never made it back during the week.

We explored the ship for awhile because we were told our rooms wouldn't be ready until 1:30 no big deal. Around 1:45 we went to our room...it still wasn't ready. This was a little bit if a disappointment because we were surprising our son with a balcony cabin. He thought we were getting an inside cabin and I had envisioned a nicely cleaned room with the bed made but instead there were sheets everywhere and a mattress tossed on the floor. Still not a deal breaker...I was just expecting different. Someone in the hall said they are running a little late due to an immigration inspection and to come back later...nothing else said. Later we found out this was our room steward. Around 2:30 we came back to the room and it was done...well not really...the floors were not vacuumed and there was sand from the previous occupants everywhere. I pressed the Room Steward button but it just rang...no answer. I decided this would be the perfect time to enjoy a glass of wine on our balcony with my husband. I asked him to open 1 of our 2 bottles and he said "I didn't put them in the carry on...I put it in the checked luggage." I told him there's no way were getting them they are going to confiscate them...or they are going to be broken and we are going to have red wine stained clothes for the entire cruise! Low and behold the luggage arrived with both wine bottles intact! :D We asked the very nice man delivering our luggage if he by any chance knew how else we could get in touch with our cabin steward because we needed the floor cleaned. He said he did not but he would be right back. He actually came back with a vacuum and did it himself! Of course we tipped him after that...totally not expected.

[ATTACH]271978[/ATTACH]

Great start...........can't wait to read MORE We are breezing Oct 12.........

We made a reservation for the first night that day for Cucina del Capitano. Both my husband and I grew up with Italian families so we are very hard to please when it comes to Italian food...sometimes I don't know why we even bother. My son had the chicken parmesan, I didn't think it was bad but wasn't the greatest either. I don't even remember what my husband or I had...I wouldn't rush back. I really liked the atmosphere and the singing waiters that was really cute!

When we returned to our room our bed was turned down for the night. We had a quad cabin and they had the bed pulled down from the wall. Most kids love to sleep in that bed but for some reason my kid doesn't. I called the cabin steward and asked if they could make up the sofa bed. 3 hours later when we returned to the room it wasn't done. I called back and 20 min later there were 2 guys at the door to make it up. I asked if they were our room attendants...they were not. I thought this was kind of strange that we hadn't met our cabin steward. But I was sure he was just busy and tomorrow would be a new day.

Some random pics from around the ship...1369174054302.jpg.0fa93fbb1e09d159f4eb2d8dac2a4a5b.jpg

1369173843292.jpg.2f10ddc123f0375944cdea425e3105e7.jpg

1369173901720.jpg.e7a1a8ab5e14d7e9031305dce795c410.jpg

1369173921835.jpg.109fde7740d5456f83b380b89eeb9963.jpg

1369174001783.jpg.0fc481cd5a265f977d3fb173a1052d3d.jpg

Archived