Jewel Owners Suite 9504

Jamisonke

We're just off the Jewel and were fortunate enough to be in an Owners Suite. We have now been in both deck 10 and deck 9 Owners Suites on Jewel Class ships and we've found that we much prefer the deck 9 room. Here are some pictures of room 9504 on the Jewel. One word ... Fantastic!

y6e3y5as.jpg6yvu2emu.jpgqeqy4yte.jpgjejaqe5a.jpgamu7evyr.jpg

Edited by Jamisonke

Thanks for the pics! I have a penthouse suite for say, and in sept have a 2 bed haven villa, so Im loving the chance to see the Os for later! Did you like John? Did he do a good job?

Really nice pictures. May I ask why did you like deck 9 better then deck 10? I am doing the reverse going from deck 9 to deck 10. Would just like your imput. Thank you.

Really nice pictures. May I ask why did you like deck 9 better then deck 10? I am doing the reverse going from deck 9 to deck 10. Would just like your imput. Thank you.

I'm curious as well........:o

We really liked the layout better on deck 9. Although there is no alcove for the dining table like the deck 10 OS, the bar area is nicer. There was just something about the deck 9 OS that felt more open. Don't get us wrong, they're all very nice!

Yes. The deck 9 forward suites have much larger balconies than the deck 10 balconies. In addition, there is more overhang on the deck 9 balconies from above, leading to more privacy and shaded area.

Thank you, we are in cabin 10004 on the Jewel in September. I am looking forward to our suite experience!

We were in 10004 on the Jade a couple of years ago. It's the same floor plan as 10004 on Jewel and it was a very nice room. You'll be happy with your room choice.

We were in Jewel 9504 April 2012; that was my first OS, and wow, what a cabin. Thanks for the pics.

(This year, we are booked on the POA departing 7/06, in a balcony, which costs almost as much as the OS last year. The POA ain't cheap; and we did get a good deal on the OS :)

el henry

Thanks for the pics! I have a penthouse suite for say, and in sept have a 2 bed haven villa, so Im loving the chance to see the Os for later! Did you like John? Did he do a good job?

John was my Concierge on a recent Jewel Panama Canal cruise.

I rate him as one of the best Concierge I have had. Whenever we made a request of him, he took care of it immediately while we were standing next to him. Not once were we told he would get back to us on anything. He was so responsive, it was almost embarrassing.

• 8 months later...
Hi - I am considering a trip in 2015 in #9504.

Can anyone who has seen it describe the front balcony in detail? Is there a full forward view or is it blocked a bit by the ship structure?

Thanks!

Not sure exactly what you're asking. The view is straight forward, over the bow of the ship. It is blocked by a solid waist high wall like a balcony railing. When you stand at the rail unless you are under four feet tall or so, you can see the water right over the bow (plus see the structure itself with the crew pool, flag mast, etc), but when you are sitting farther back you cannot see the water directly in front of the ship, but can see water farther out ahead of you. If you stand at the rail and look straight down, you will see ship structure. Overhead the balcony is partially under the balcony of the Owner's Suite above, and partially uncovered. If you stand by the rail, you can look back and up into the windows of the bridge.

PS- if you check out the ship cam for the Jewel, you will see the same view from the upper corner of the opposite side's OS balcony. It does not show the actual OS balcony as its is under the view, but shows the view itself (but you can jump up in front of the camera and get on the ship cam if you desire ;). http://www.ncl.com/shipcams/jewelcam/fullsize.jpg?browser_popup=320x240

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

We too preferred the deck 9 OS for the reasons you cited. Better flow in the livingroom of deck 9, much nicer bar area, and shelter on the forward balcony lacking on deck 10.

We were disappointed (for about 5 seconds!) in our deck 10 OS (compared to deck 9) then snapped out of it. ;)

But we were surprised at how many people have posted that they prefer deck 10 OS. We didn't get it! :confused:

Will definitely go for deck 9 in the future!

Thank you, we are in cabin 10004 on the Jewel in September. I am looking forward to our suite experience!

We're in 10004 for our Canal cruise in April. We'll try to take care of it for you!

Here's a link to my webpage with photos & all the information I could find about OS & Haven on the Jewel: Suite.

Edited by candydane

We're in 10004 for our Canal cruise in April. We'll try to take care of it for you!

Here's a link to my webpage with photos & all the information I could find about OS & Haven on the Jewel: Suite.

Thank you for the link to some great info. We'll be in a 2-bedroom Haven Suite on the Jewel to Alaska in just a little over 3 months. Can't wait!:)