May 21st will we actually find out anything today ?

Well here we are on the 21st May and today we are rumoured to be getting some details with regards to the Quantum of the Seas.

There is a Webinar at Noon EST which will be hosted by Vicki Freed, it is for Travel Agents with I believe part of the Webinar being called "Quantum Buzz"....what exactly that means ...well your guess is as good as mine.:confused:

Also an email from C&A is due out...what will that tell us I wonder?

Will it tell us when the different levels can book?

Will it tell us how we can book?

Will it confirm the dates/itineraries?

Pricing today?...nope...that we believe will be out next week when we attempt to make our bookings....along with millions (ok maybe not quite millions) of other folks at the same time ...oh I do love new RCCL ships :D

Will today be the day when we can shout out...."yipppppeeee I know which Quantum sailing we are going to book" ?!!!

Are you ready for today? Are you excited ? :D

Or is it going to be another damp squib day ?:(

Coffee pot and bar of chocolate standing by :D

BRING ON THE INFO....Noon can't come soon enough for me :D

I want ALL the info I will need to decide on a booking for Tuesday and yes that does include the prices....contrary to RCI's opinion that I do not need that info until I am trying to book.

Noon....Noon....Noon...NOON!!!

:D:p:D:p

I am sure they will drag pricing details out as long as they can to build up everyone's excitement, so when they finally drop a big hammer on us all with astronomical pricing the sticker shock won't be as bad as it could've been if we knew prices from the beginning.:eek:

I am sure prices will scare away quite a few folks.:(

So far today Crown & Anchor have told us on the RCCL website (C&A News) that booking opens on 28th May for C&A members.....ummmm we have known that for some time.:rolleyes:

Did you notice by the way in that great news....no mention of tiered opening...so basically it looks like a free for all.:eek:

I think it rather dumb on RCI's part to not let us know prices before we can book. I am sure there will be a group that says no thanks based on price myself included. Why tie up phone lines just to get that info.

I think it rather dumb on RCI's part to not let us know prices before we can book. I am sure there will be a group that says no thanks based on price myself included. Why tie up phone lines just to get that info.

Exactly !!! :mad: I am not sure if I even want the hassle of dealing with booking the first day, or 2 with so little info to go on. :confused::mad:

I agree! If they would put prices out ahead of time it should speed up the booking process and help eliminate a little stress/frustration for the customer and the reps! I remember for the FR and OA having several cabins picked out in the categories I thought we might be interested (might could afford) and then having to go through the pricing with the rep for the different categories before I found a cabin/category that worked. Would have been much quicker had I already had the pricing. Would be much more efficient to put the pricing out ahead of time so folks know what category they want for the sailing they are looking to book.

Also it appears no tiered booking - that is crazy!

I agree, I have a few dates in mind and I want to price compare. I cannot imagine having to sit on the phone for a while with a rep having them go over various catagory pricing and alternate dates I'm planning. That's so old school!

I'm a planner!!

I agree, Pete. You'd think RCI would want as many people as possible with their ducks in a row and ready to book on the 28th. Possibly it has something to do with C&A & the general public opening at different times, or the competition knowing beforehand and adjusting their prices? Without knowing the real reason, it does seem dumb.

All of you are spot on. I have not heard form my TA yet as their webinar should be going on right now but I am anxious to see what "new" news we will find out. I sure hope I am not dissappointed. Without seeing any prices yet I keep wondering....RCI can't be that inempt, can they? I have better things to do than sit on a phone listening to music only to hear a price that I am not willing to pay. I'm sure the reps and TA's have better things to do than have people hang up instead of make reservations.

Agree with everyone and hoping to get prices before they open bookings. Pricing is pretty crucial in my decision-making, for dates and cabins.

I'm waffling between a JS and the new SJ, but if the prices are out of control, I'd go with one of the regular balcony cabins.

Hoping we'll have all the information soon!

Watched/listened to the Webinar and no pricing for Quantum given. They stated it would be available on 28th and no sooner.

Any news on itineraries ?

Is the 11/23/14 the Inaugural ?

Did they mention the Transatlantic ?

Sorry for all the questions :o

I'm a planner!!

Amen brotha/sista!

Watched/listened to the Webinar and no pricing for Quantum given. They stated it would be available on 28th and no sooner.

Well that's stupid of them. I guess I'll be taking a very looong time with the onboard staff to figure it all out.

Judy

This is the index from when the fares were released for the Oasis inaugural season - I high-lighted the inaugural sailing. I think you can be sure that Quantum will be at least as much as the Oasis fares when they were released. I believe RCI sent this out a couple days before C&A could book Oasis - I received this sometime around 8/18/08 and booked on 8/21/08.

Oasis_Prices_zps9af3c953.jpg

Any news on itineraries ? Nothing that we already haven't heard

Is the 11/23/14 the Inaugural ? That's what they said.

Did they mention the Transatlantic ? Yes,

Sorry for all the questions :o

basically nothing new..

Bookings will open up between 8 and 9am on the 28th.

basically nothing new..

Thanks Kathy :)

So they did say when we will get the actual itineraries ...as in confirm what the order of ports are on the Inaugural ...any ports on the Transatlantic..that sort of info ?

Did they confirm no tiers for booking for C&A members ?

basically nothing new..

BETWEEN 8 and 9? So start dialing at 8 and whenever they are ready to turn the phones on they will? Or is it they are not sure yet and they may open at 8 but they will let us know later?

Thanks Kathy :)

So they did say when we will get the actual itineraries ...as in confirm what the order of ports are on the Inaugural ...any ports on the Transatlantic..that sort of info ?

No ports on the Nov. 3 Transatlantic and "limited" guests. The official Inaugural is the Nov. 23rd Bahamas run. They did not specify the order of the ports. One would assume it follows the arrows shown on the RCL Quantum site.

Did they confirm no tiers for booking for C&A members ?

They never even addressed it.

Rccl is really having fun with this. I feel like their sitting in a room coming up with ideas to mess with us. Someone goes "ok ok I got it. We say we are going to release information on this day. And on that day we confirm what they already know". Lol

From the sound of things or lack thereof via the Webinar, the 28th is going to be a zoo. TA's were told to contact their clients now to find out who is interested in booking. Reserved group space will be allowed for 2015, but will not initially be allowed for 2014 until the bookings die down.

Also, for those who might be wondering...next cruise certs will be honored and a newbie -- you will be able to purchase up to 3 open cruise certs while on board.

Sophie

From the sound of things or lack thereof via the Webinar, the 28th is going to be a zoo. TA's were told to contact their clients now to find out who is interested in booking. Reserved group space will be allowed for 2015, but will not initially be allowed for 2014 until the bookings die down.

Also, for those who might be wondering...next cruise certs will be honored and a newbie -- you will be able to purchase up to 3 open cruise certs while on board.

Sophie

Good to hear that. Will give everyone a fair chance at hopefully getting the cabin that they want

That has been the practice since last fall. It's up to 3 NC bookings per person per sailing.

Archived